Me playing some solo's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Me playing some solo's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:19 am

I was thinking that you don't even have to defend yourself, then i thought well you did have BALLS enough to post a solo effort so you open yourself to comments. regardless i commend you for doing what your doing. Can't wait to hear your version of Rude Mood. ;-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:31 am

3 run homer wrote:I was thinking that you don't even have to defend yourself, then i thought well you did have BALLS enough to post a solo effort so you open yourself to comments. regardless i commend you for doing what your doing. Can't wait to hear your version of Rude Mood. ;-D

wanna send me the Mp3
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:37 am

Is this rude mood?

http://flyingbanana.free.fr/The%20Essen ... ay%20(Live).mp3

I think this is the tab
http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/tabs/s ... e_mood.php

I have a guest in town this weekend but come monday i'll get a bunch of the songs you guys requested on video. ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:00 pm

Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:07 pm

Mugrila wrote:Rude Mood. ;-D

Nice although I think I'll need an 8 ball to play it at that speed.

Looks like SRV might have indulged right before playing that song!

Sweet song though.

I'll practice it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:28 pm

acsguitar wrote:Is this rude mood?

http://flyingbanana.free.fr/The%20Essen ... ay%20(Live).mp3

I think this is the tab
http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/tabs/s ... e_mood.php

I have a guest in town this weekend but come monday i'll get a bunch of the songs you guys requested on video. ;-D

well the mp3 didn't work for me but yeah that's the tab. Rude mood is on the Texas Flood cd. If i were MP3 literate i'd help you out.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Were you actually playing a solo? or just hitting random notes... :-?

Improvisation is different then just hitting "random notes"

Call it what you want. There is no sense of rhythm at all. It seems like you decide to just pick a string and play trills on 4 consecutive frets for a few bars, then you do that lower down on the fret board and another string. I realize your trying to "shred", but you stay in the same "position" for WAY too long, no shredder would ever do that, cuz you just can't make it sound good.

Sorry for being harsh, maybe its just me, but I really thought that was bad. I couldnt sit and listen through the whole thing, maybe it gets better, I kinda wanna hear you play an already composed solo because i can see you have some technical skill.

Maybee I should just titled it "Me playing around on the guitar" I in no way consider myself to be a shredder or really wanna be a shredder. I thought I'd just sit down and jack around on the guitar on camera.

Anyways your critiscism isn't harsh I didn't really say to myself, ok I'm gonna play this or this. It was just all off the top of my head for fun. I consider myself more of a blues guitarist so shredding arpeggios really isn't my thing.

As for no sense of ryhthm, again I wasn't trying to be rythmatic at all. I was just trying to play real fast basically :)

I had about 10 of those just jacking around solo's some were better then others but the sound quailty was really bad so I just picked those two.

Currently i think I need to go on vacation as I've been diligently practicing Arpeggios from Hell and its really hurting my brain.

However, I think you saying I'm hitting "random" notes implies that I have no idea what I'm gonna play next. Thats not true.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't play trills on 4 consecutive frets.

Anyways its cool homey

didnt realize you were just trying to play fast, i thought you were actually soloing. As i said before tho, good technical guitar playing.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Were you actually playing a solo? or just hitting random notes... :-?

Improvisation is different then just hitting "random notes"

Call it what you want. There is no sense of rhythm at all. It seems like you decide to just pick a string and play trills on 4 consecutive frets for a few bars, then you do that lower down on the fret board and another string. I realize your trying to "shred", but you stay in the same "position" for WAY too long, no shredder would ever do that, cuz you just can't make it sound good.

Sorry for being harsh, maybe its just me, but I really thought that was bad. I couldnt sit and listen through the whole thing, maybe it gets better, I kinda wanna hear you play an already composed solo because i can see you have some technical skill.

Maybee I should just titled it "Me playing around on the guitar" I in no way consider myself to be a shredder or really wanna be a shredder. I thought I'd just sit down and jack around on the guitar on camera.

Anyways your critiscism isn't harsh I didn't really say to myself, ok I'm gonna play this or this. It was just all off the top of my head for fun. I consider myself more of a blues guitarist so shredding arpeggios really isn't my thing.

As for no sense of ryhthm, again I wasn't trying to be rythmatic at all. I was just trying to play real fast basically :)

I had about 10 of those just jacking around solo's some were better then others but the sound quailty was really bad so I just picked those two.

Currently i think I need to go on vacation as I've been diligently practicing Arpeggios from Hell and its really hurting my brain.

However, I think you saying I'm hitting "random" notes implies that I have no idea what I'm gonna play next. Thats not true.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't play trills on 4 consecutive frets.

Anyways its cool homey

didnt realize you were just trying to play fast, i thought you were actually soloing. As i said before tho, good technical guitar playing.

I mean I wasn't like "I should right a solo." I was basically think "Lets play fast guitar solo type stuff. Like me standing on the front of the stage and ripping it while the rest of the mates drink a beer or something.

Nothing rythmatic at all.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Yeah, I played quite a bit of guitar in college and still play but more for relaxation than to do anything nearly as technical. Your technical guitar skills blow away anything I've seen from a non-professional, non-jazz guitarist. I showed that to my wife (who is a jazz musician...very part-time since our twins were born though) and she asked "why isn't he playing professionally somewhere"? Coming from her that's a good compliment since she's a music snob (she doesn't mince words when someone doesn't have talent), she's a jazz musician (those cats have much higher standards than people like me that played pop/blues stuff) and she's pretty harsh in general. ;-D

As for the criticisms of the soloing I think it was clear just by listening to what you were playing that the intention was just to play a bunch of notes as fast as possible. It honestly sounded a lot like someone doing practice exercises, working on different scales and arpeggios from a book. That's something I could never bring myself to do so more power to you...I preferred getting drunk and soloing over a 12-bar blues progression to anything that even loosely resembled practicing actual technically difficult music...probably why I didn't stick with the violin after playing for 8 years. ;)

As for songs...not sure if it's within your style of play enough to pull it off but I'd love to hear you take a run at the live version of Big Love from Fleetwood Mac. I know that when people think of outstanding guitar work Lindsey Buckingham doesn't enter the conversation often but his work on that song is some of the most insane fingerstyle guitar work I think I've ever heard. There are times when you swear there's got to be two, maybe three guitars playing at the same time and yet it's just him.

PS - Big Love is on "The Dance" CD. I can dig it up and rip it to an MP3 if you want a copy of it...in fact I may even have it already ripped on my home computer.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Yeah, I played quite a bit of guitar in college and still play but more for relaxation than to do anything nearly as technical. Your technical guitar skills blow away anything I've seen from a non-professional, non-jazz guitarist. I showed that to my wife (who is a jazz musician...very part-time since our twins were born though) and she asked "why isn't he playing professionally somewhere"? Coming from her that's a good compliment since she's a music snob (she doesn't mince words when someone doesn't have talent), she's a jazz musician (those cats have much higher standards than people like me that played pop/blues stuff) and she's pretty harsh in general. ;-D

As for the criticisms of the soloing I think it was clear just by listening to what you were playing that the intention was just to play a bunch of notes as fast as possible. It honestly sounded a lot like someone doing practice exercises, working on different scales and arpeggios from a book. That's something I could never bring myself to do so more power to you...I preferred getting drunk and soloing over a 12-bar blues progression to anything that even loosely resembled practicing actual technically difficult music...probably why I didn't stick with the violin after playing for 8 years. ;)

As for songs...not sure if it's within your style of play enough to pull it off but I'd love to hear you take a run at the live version of Big Love from Fleetwood Mac. I know that when people think of outstanding guitar work Lindsey Buckingham doesn't enter the conversation often but his work on that song is some of the most insane fingerstyle guitar work I think I've ever heard. There are times when you swear there's got to be two, maybe three guitars playing at the same time and yet it's just him.

PS - Big Love is on "The Dance" CD. I can dig it up and rip it to an MP3 if you want a copy of it...in fact I may even have it already ripped on my home computer.

Thanks man!

I'll just borrow a copy of that song from the internets.

My GF loves Fleetwood Mac so thats cool. Fingerstyle eh...well I'll give it a shot.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk