100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

2006 NL EAST CHAMPS....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:18 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:Question for the Mets fans???

I have a few buddies that are die hard Mets fans, and they act like beating the Braves out of the East division is more important then winning the World Series. Then I read all the hoopla in here about the greatest day in 15 years, 2006 Division champs.

My question is. Is it really more important to Mets fans to win the division or to win the World Series???

The World Series. To me, there is NO question. Not even close. Sure, taking down the Braves was long overdue, and very sweet, but if there isn't a title, there won't be a smile on my face.

I agree. A Division Title wouldnt have been that special if it werent for the Braves who won 14 STRAIGHT titles.

Our goal is the World Series and I dont think Mets fans will be satisfied until that goal is accomplished.

You sure have me fooled. I would say from what I have seen here and heard around my neck of the woods, that beating the Braves out of the East is your season. I just get the feeling that if the Wild Card sweeps you in the first round, you will still consider it a great, great season with no disappointments?????

I can't speak for the rest of the Mets fans around here and everywhere else, but in my mind you could not be more wrong. If they got swept in the NLDS, it would be a HUGE dissapointment. I want the WS title. That's it. We beat the Braves and it felt great, but that is small potatoes compared to winning it all.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:07 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I just get the feeling that if the Wild Card sweeps you in the first round, you will still consider it a great, great season with no disappointments?????

Not even close. It's WS or bust.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm

What Rump doesn't seem to understand is that the Mets have been fighting a two-front war for the last decade. We've been fighting the Braves in our division and the Yankees in our city. We've not met with success. We've conquered one foe and it feels great. Now we're gunning for the other.

Rump, to put it a way you'll understand: Imagine how good you'd feel if the Devil Rays could beat the Yankees low-A team in a 7 game set. Sure, it's not the World Series (yet) but it's still a change for the better.

Does that help?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to New York Mets