5 pats on the back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

5 pats on the back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:05 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Yay, I have two threads! *Ralph Wiggum voice* I'M SPECIAL!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=239100

Barca is going to mop the floor with Real Madrid. It doesn't matter if your madman president added RVN, Diarra, Cannavaro, Emerson, and now Reyes. Ronny, Eto'o, and Messi will run wild on you Merengues! :-D BTW, how could you Real lose to Lyon...again!? :-b

:-[

You don't follow club soccer, do you? ;-)

I keep half an eye on it. Don't get to watch many games though.
Juve in Series B upsets me. So many great players have worn the Black and White. They were penalized so many points due to the scandal that I wonder if they will get regulated again after this season.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Yay, I have two threads! *Ralph Wiggum voice* I'M SPECIAL!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=239100

Barca is going to mop the floor with Real Madrid. It doesn't matter if your madman president added RVN, Diarra, Cannavaro, Emerson, and now Reyes. Ronny, Eto'o, and Messi will run wild on you Merengues! :-D BTW, how could you Real lose to Lyon...again!? :-b

:-[

You don't follow club soccer, do you? ;-)

I keep half an eye on it. Don't get to watch many games though.
Juve in Series B upsets me. So many great players have worn the Black and White. They were penalized so many points due to the scandal that I wonder if they will get regulated again after this season.

What's interesting is that Serie A has gotten more popular without Juve there. Personally, I can't stand the sight of Juventus, but considering the severity of the penalty being marked down (a 30 point deduction as opposed to the current one of 12), at least, they won't be stuck in Serie B for an extra season. Odds are Juventus won't win promotion, but the season after, I think they'll make it as they didn't have a complete firesale. At least, they have Buffon, Nedved, and Del Piero for example, but the relegation obviously hurts them financially. I reckon they still have their sponsorship with Nike and Tamoil intact, but the sale of say, Vieira and Zlatan is still a drop in the ocean. Personally, I was hoping for Buffon to transfer to Barca, along with Zambrotta and Thuram, but oh well.

What I'm upset about is why AC Milan didn't get penalized further (I think PM Berlusconi has a share in the club) and be relegated as planned originally...and basically, they got a slap on the wrist like Fiorentina and Lazio, but yet Milan is still playing CL ball while Fiorentina isn't. The severities of the penalties differ honestly, but I think the whole system in Italy has to be checked. Italy isn't alone though because a few managers in England are under the gun for transfer bribery.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:54 pm

I don't blame you for wanting Buffon. :-)
I think it's great that a lot of their good players stayed. You know, support the team even in bad time sort of thing. Especially Del Piero, he is the heart of that team as well as the all time goal leader for Juve.

So, are you saying that Series A is more popular now in just Italy or the whole world? Juve pretty much had the largest fan base in Italy.

I also have a soft spot for Napoli b/c there is a player on that team with my last name. It's funny watching YouTube videos of his goals when the announcer is screaming my name. lol.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:24 pm

Fireball Express wrote:So, are you saying that Series A is more popular now in just Italy or the whole world? Juve pretty much had the largest fan base in Italy.

More popular in Italy. I think the scandal with Juve has placed more attention on Serie A, especially from die-hards of other clubs, like Inter or Roma who have a good shot at doing some interesting. Serie A is generally a popular league the world over, but in general, the Premiership fetches more viewership while La Liga in Spain is perhaps the most rigorous European league out there.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:17 pm

You actually had another congratulatory thread which has now been deleted. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:42 am

Congrats! ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:26 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:

Deleted? It' still there, unless I've gone crazy. :-o :-?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am

sportsguy138 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

I meant...there were three threads. "Slayer Rules", this one and deleted one. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

I meant...there were three threads. "Slayer Rules", this one and deleted one. :-)

I once had three? Sweet. ;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Congrats, they shoulda kept both threads up.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk