Talk About Dream Job...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Talk About Dream Job...

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:06 pm

... how'd you like to do this? :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:13 pm

yeah that would be totally sweet....

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:13 pm

Cool. ;-D For a while there, I thought it was a job posting for a Mickey Mouse greeter that walks around Disneyland. :-b

My uncle used to work at the Disney studio by the way and they have a perk where you could have a day off...if you drove down to Disneyland and posed as a Disney character all day. :-b However, I suppose because the position is at ESPN in the New York branch, I suppose the folks there don't have that perk, if you want to call it that. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:33 pm

Good luck finding this guy:

A qualified candidate will 10+ years of related work experience with a proven track record of 5+ years of managing online and/or new media properties, preferably including oversight of a robust Fantasy Game-based operation.

Considering not many sites have had fantasy sports for 5+ years that might be a tough one to find. And if you have been managing 5+ years in fantasy sports then I don't think you are willing to switch jobs.

Sometimes I look at job postings and I'm like. Who the heck are they looking for.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:52 pm

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking...same thing with the 10 yrs plus requirement as well...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:Good luck finding this guy:

A qualified candidate will 10+ years of related work experience with a proven track record of 5+ years of managing online and/or new media properties, preferably including oversight of a robust Fantasy Game-based operation.

Considering not many sites have had fantasy sports for 5+ years that might be a tough one to find. And if you have been managing 5+ years in fantasy sports then I don't think you are willing to switch jobs.

Sometimes I look at job postings and I'm like. Who the heck are they looking for.

Not necessarily are they looking for someone with 10 or more years experience in managing fantasy sports products. They're looking for someone who has had ample experience in handling Internet services/content/properties. I agree it's difficult even though in the past ten years, the Internet has blossomed to epic proportions, but they're not necessarily seeking a person who has had fantasy sports product development experience when fantasy sports online has really come on since the late 90's.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:33 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Good luck finding this guy:

Not necessarily are they looking for someone with 10 or more years experience in managing fantasy sports products. They're looking for someone who has had ample experience in handling Internet services/content/properties. I agree it's difficult even though in the past ten years, the Internet has blossomed to epic proportions, but they're not necessarily seeking a person who has had fantasy sports product development experience when fantasy sports online has really come on since the late 90's.

Still 5 years is a lot for this position.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:59 pm

One of my dream jobs was actually done as a contest recently. Wizards of the Coast was basically giving the public a chance to get on as a M:tG game designer. Easily one of my dream jobs.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to General Talk