Yahoo - Any thoughts as to what young players will be - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Yahoo - Any thoughts as to what young players will be

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo - Any thoughts as to what young players will be

Postby powenM » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:45 pm

made available predraft next year.

Im thinking guys like AGordon etc who were not called up this year.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:41 pm

I commend anyone who can successully run a dynasty league on Yahoo. Because of limits like this, I would never do it.

One of my friends does a keeper league on Yahoo. His commish also has a website set up for the league to keep track of this kind of stuff. Owners check both sites, and exclusively the other during the offseason.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:03 am

Adam Miller is the closest callup capable of having a Verlander like year, next year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby 123inningplz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Yahoo pretty much only includes rookies that have a very good chance of making the club out of Spring Training. That said, I'm not expecting Hochevar or Lincecum to be included though they will start next year sooner or later. The usual suspects like Gordon and Butler should be included though.
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby nathan050904 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Yes, this is a big problem of mine. I run a dynasty league threw Yahoo. This was the first year. It was successful and all but, I don't like how long it takes to add some young guys that get called up. Infact, I'd almost like to find something better where they include alot of rooks and as well if a rookie is called up that day you can start him that day.

Anyone know of anything let me know.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:53 am

Yeah, in one of my keeper leagues on Yahoo we have a rule, whatever the available players on Yahoo are when the previous season ends, those are the players that can be drafted in our e-mail draft. This means that the Japanese imports, and rookies who weren't called up the year before (or not added for a random reason like Verlander and Hansen) are on the WW after the draft. This gives the owners the difficult decision of using their waiver position on a player early (like Verlander) or hoping to pick up a stud prospect. It works pretty well.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby nathan050904 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:19 pm

In my league we have a minor league system and a pro roster. I have made a website that keeps track of all the prospects etc. For instance I own Phil Hughes, Homer Bailey, and Alex Gordon amoungst others. We had a minor league draft and with trades and what not. I just want something better then Yahoo if at all possible.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Koko B Ware » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 pm

CBS Sportsline is excellent, it has all the young players. I would use no other pay service but CBS based on this fact alone. It already has prospects like Maybin, Andrus, Jay Bruce Andrew Miller etc. You should consider changing over
Koko B Ware
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rwgiants1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:57 pm

I second that motion. CBS is the best for dynasty type leagues. Yahoo is always taking forever to add prospects. In my CBS league everyone is available, and if they aren't our commish makes the player up and adds them to our rosters when they are in the league officially.
rwgiants1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Minor League & College Baseball