Need for Speed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Need for Speed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortsavage » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:18 am

sorry, double post
Last edited by shortsavage on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EvSolo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 am

shortsavage wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:If Marcus Sanders can retain his prospect status next year and if SF doesn't make a big FA move I think Sanders could easily steal 30 or 40 in a full year in the future.

8-o ?!!??!?1?!?

First off, it's "regain," not retain. Secondly, Frandsen is way closer to being the Giants 2B than Sanders. And finally, Sanders not only has had injury problems, but he has also struggled mightily. He's no longer even a top 10 Giants prospect in my mind.

how can you regain something you never lost???
retain is correct.
i normally wouldnt correct something like this but just the fact that u felt it was neccassary to correct someones grammar on an internet forum is laughable. i didnt notice this was English 101
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:45 pm

It's not grammar, it's the meaning.

Sanders may have never lost his speed, so he retains that. But he has pretty much lost his prospect status, so he has to regain that.

I think you misunderstood my points Evsolo.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby carter » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Havok1517 wrote:If Marcus Sanders can retain his prospect status next year and if SF doesn't make a big FA move I think Sanders could easily steal 30 or 40 in a full year in the future.

very possible... and he should be dirt cheap to aquire right now

you guys are forgetting TREVOR CROWE - he swiped 45 bags in only 100 games this year..... nice avg, with almost as many walks as k's (68/71) ... if he keeps getting on base, he could wind up the Indians lead-off man by the end of 2007
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 15)

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:10 pm

carter wrote:

you guys are forgetting TREVOR CROWE - he swiped 45 bags in only 100 games this year..... nice avg, with almost as many walks as k's (68/71) ... if he keeps getting on base, he could wind up the Indians lead-off man by the end of 2007

Sanders is definately someone to keep an eye on. His value took a pretty good hit this year but I think he should rebound next year. I also like Crowe, he can definately handle the bat! The guy I kinda like that you don't hear to much about is Corey Wimberly..... he's got 86 SB over the last 2 years in only 623 ABs, he's also at a premium position (2B).

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:16 pm

J35J wrote:
carter wrote:

Sanders is definately someone to keep an eye on. His value took a pretty good hit this year but I think he should rebound next year. I also like Crowe, he can definately handle the bat! The guy I kinda like that you don't hear to much about is Corey Wimberly..... he's got 86 SB over the last 2 years in only 623 ABs, he's also at a premium position (2B).

Jason

The thing with Wimberly is that he's not really all that young for him level(A ball, not even A+ I believe). He need to move up rather quickly and he need to maintain his high average because he doesn't have much power.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:25 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
J35J wrote:
carter wrote:

Jason

The thing with Wimberly is that he's not really all that young for him level(A ball, not even A+ I believe). He need to move up rather quickly and he need to maintain his high average because he doesn't have much power.

This is true..... he was 22 this year at advanced (A+) ball. A little old but not overly bad. He has good BB/K totals the last couple years and a good average to go along with those SBs. He's a solid "sleeper" so next year should show alot in AA.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball