Soriano Clone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Soriano Clone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 pm

There are only two guys in the minors (since Delmon was promoted) who could do it (have the tools). Alex Gordon and Justin Upton. Upton might never reach 40 homer power. And though Alex has the speed, i doubt the Royals will let him steal any more than 15-20 bases a year. Both are long shots.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:18 am

Dukes hasn't played the full season sue to two suspensions. Maybe if he had he would have more steals.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:45 pm

thedude wrote:There are only two guys in the minors (since Delmon was promoted) who could do it (have the tools). Alex Gordon and Justin Upton. Upton might never reach 40 homer power. And though Alex has the speed, i doubt the Royals will let him steal any more than 15-20 bases a year. Both are long shots.

I may be wrong but I don't think Gordon will ever steal 20 bases in the bigs. I think 15-18 will be his high and he will only do that once or twice. He is a fairly big guy with decent speed. His steals this year in the minors has probably more to do with his baserunning skills, his knowledge of the game and the fact that he is doing it against minor leaguers. I see him more like a 10-12 SB type of guy personally, but we won't know until he gets here.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:18 pm

J35J wrote:
thedude wrote:There are only two guys in the minors (since Delmon was promoted) who could do it (have the tools). Alex Gordon and Justin Upton. Upton might never reach 40 homer power. And though Alex has the speed, i doubt the Royals will let him steal any more than 15-20 bases a year. Both are long shots.

I may be wrong but I don't think Gordon will ever steal 20 bases in the bigs. I think 15-18 will be his high and he will only do that once or twice. He is a fairly big guy with decent speed. His steals this year in the minors has probably more to do with his baserunning skills, his knowledge of the game and the fact that he is doing it against minor leaguers. I see him more like a 10-12 SB type of guy personally, but we won't know until he gets here.

Jason

I agree with you Jason.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:27 pm

Tough to project 40-40 as not too many players in history have accomplished that feat.

However, Delmon is probably the one player that has the ability to do it. Kemp is another power/speed guy I like.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:23 am

in regards to ellsbury, i gotta say the guy is no more than a 15 hr guy, id be happy with 10. but long term this guy will play a gold glove CF. he will hit .300 and he will steal atleast 35 bases. im not sure how his arm ranks on the major league level but i know in college he had a great arm.

if you are expecting power numbers from ellsbury, you have got the wrong guy. but if youw ant a good avg, great defense, and some speed he is the man for the job.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball