Most Overrated Games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Most Overrated Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:26 pm

bleach168 wrote:
this series is certainly the best multiplayer series ever.

David, what are your opinions on Counterstrike, Battlefield 2, or any other PC FPS. How is Halo 2 better than these games.

It can't be...

1st off its played with a controller, 2nd it can't be modded, third the graphics can't be as good.

BF 2 , HL2, Old School Quake.

All these games are better or equal to Halo 2. Consoles are the "sexy" choice.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:37 pm

bleach168 wrote:
this series is certainly the best multiplayer series ever.

David, what are your opinions on Counterstrike, Battlefield 2, or any other PC FPS. How is Halo 2 better than these games.

Counterstrike and Half-Life I used to play a lot. It's good, no doubt, but the Halo system links are so much fun, and so competitive that I can't place other multiplayers in the same realm of Halo or Halo 2. Graphics, which I think is where a lot of people knock Halo, is only a minor detail to me. I care much more about how much fun the game is and how competitive the games are.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Man I played Oblivion for a couple of months and went back to Counter Strike a few days ago... and I am hooked again... It is very tough to beat in terms of competitiveness/fun. It takes a lot of different skills to be really good at it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:04 pm

I'm not really into video games so I play mostly sports games. (I think Halo 2 is the only non-sports game I have) That said, Metroid Prime ruled my world for a good 2-3 weeks. (this was before I turned my Game Cube in for Xbox)

Metroid and Windwaker were my favorite games for GC.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:47 pm

Yoda wrote:Man I played Oblivion for a couple of months and went back to Counter Strike a few days ago... and I am hooked again... It is very tough to beat in terms of competitiveness/fun. It takes a lot of different skills to be really good at it.

Can someone tell me why so many people love counterstrike so much? I've never played it....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:53 pm

RynMan wrote:
Yoda wrote:Man I played Oblivion for a couple of months and went back to Counter Strike a few days ago... and I am hooked again... It is very tough to beat in terms of competitiveness/fun. It takes a lot of different skills to be really good at it.

Can someone tell me why so many people love counterstrike so much? I've never played it....

I am not sure either. It's just a very good online shooter with a giant community. I stopped playing it for a while now but I may go back to it again at some point.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Video Games