Most Overrated Games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Most Overrated Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Most Overrated Games

Postby gamefreak136 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:57 pm

I'd have to go with these 3 games (They're all pretty good games, it's just that the noted issues I had really put me off):

Metroid Prime - Too much backtracking, really dull, lifeless world, and a real lack of innovation.

Ninja Gaiden - Too much trial and error gameplay, a broken save system (saving anywhere should be an option), and derivative gameplay.

Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - Bland world, broken combat system, and too much reading.

GameZone
gamefreak136
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Halo 2. It's a good game, and I enjoyed playing it online for a while, but the way some people talk about it/play it is incredible. My friend got a 360 and had no plans of getting any other games for a while, he just kept playing Halo 2.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:48 am

Halo 2 is overrated: No where close to as good as games we've been playing on the PC for years.

I think Resident Evil is overrated. I'm just not a fan I guess.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm

I'm not a big video game guy. But a while ago I played the Halo stuff and really didn't see what everyone was going crazy about. People talk about it soo much about it and how great it is. I personally don't like it that much.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 pm

A lot of console games are overrated especially multiplayer. Console multiplayer games/players are amateurish compared to PC's. I played Socom, Halo and Tom Clancy multiplayers and none of them come remotely close to games like Counter Strike, Battlefield and even Wolfenstein multiplayer which came out like 10 years ago.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm

I disagree with pretty much all these posts!

Metroid: Prime was an exceptionally fun game, especially grueling your way through hard mode.

If you never got into Halo:2, you probably never played it online with about 39 other random strangers in a massive level.

Resident Evil is one of my favorite series of games. Of course, I don't get into the realistic shooting games like Tom Clancy or Solid Snake. I prefer shooting aliens, zombies, that sort of thing. I also just really enjoy the survival horror genre.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Simulacrum wrote:If you never got into Halo:2, you probably never played it online with about 39 other random strangers in a massive level.

That's fun for a while, and it's a great game, but the way some people talk about it, and play it is wayyy too much.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:15 pm

Diablo 2
Halo 2
Everquest
World of Warcraft
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:If you never got into Halo:2, you probably never played it online with about 39 other random strangers in a massive level.

That's fun for a while, and it's a great game, but the way some people talk about it, and play it is wayyy too much.

Halo 2 is, quite possibly, the greatest multiplayer game ever. I played it for months straight, ruined my grades senior year from it, and still love the game.

No multiplayer game (save maybe multiplayer Lemmings) can compare to a 6 on 6 Coag Nuetral Bomb or a 4 on 4 TS Lockout. Throw in Halo CE game-sets (4 v 4 CTF Sidewinder, touch return, Warthogs only) and single-flag 4 v 4s on Blood Gulch and this series is certainly the best multiplayer series ever.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:23 pm

this series is certainly the best multiplayer series ever.

David, what are your opinions on Counterstrike, Battlefield 2, or any other PC FPS. How is Halo 2 better than these games.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Next

Return to Video Games