Guys who may be over-valued next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guys who may be over-valued next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I hope everyone undervalues Howard so I can take him.

:) yea seriously. YOu don't hit 58 hrs and then drop below 30.

The kid is good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:

The kid is good

Unless you are Tru...
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

The kid is good

Unless you are Tru...

Tru but howard tore it up his rookie year tu
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:54 pm

I think Matsuzaka will be very good but overvalued.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 124)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:57 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

The kid is good

Unless you are Tru...

Tru but howard tore it up his rookie year tu

No, trust me, I like people knocking on Howard. I hope everyone thinks he is a fluke so I can snag him cheaper. It's better for people like you and me.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Yoda wrote:
JustAnotherYanksFan wrote:
Lance Berkman - I'd say this was probably a career year for him. Also, that lineup just isn't very good, and if he hit 35 HR instead of 45 then it woudn't be hard to see him with something like 85 R and 110 RBI. Those are still good numbers, don't get me wrong, but if Berkman is going in the second round (as I expect he will) then that's too high for me.

It is really funny how Berkman STILL gets no respect. All he does is put up great numbers across the board year in and year out. Yet he is on top of people's overrated lists. I just do not get it.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen anyone else call him overrated, and I don't think of him that way in general. It's more that I think he had a career year this year and so he'll be going a round or two too early. If I could get him in the late third or later, I'd still take him for sure, it's just that I'm guessing he'll go higher than that because people will overpay for a career year. (And for the record I would take Berkman well before Dunn.)
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:06 pm

Yoda wrote:
Lance Berkman - I'd say this was probably a career year for him. Also, that lineup just isn't very good, and if he hit 35 HR instead of 45 then it woudn't be hard to see him with something like 85 R and 110 RBI. Those are still good numbers, don't get me wrong, but if Berkman is going in the second round (as I expect he will) then that's too high for me.

It is really funny how Berkman STILL gets no respect. All he does is put up great numbers across the board year in and year out. Yet he is on top of people's overrated lists. I just do not get it.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen anyone else call him overrated, and I don't think of him that way in general. It's more that I think he had a career year this year and so he'll be going a round or two too early. If I could get him in the late third or later, I'd still take him for sure, it's just that I'm guessing he'll go higher than that because people will overpay for a career year. (And for the record I would take Berkman well before Dunn.)

Trust me. I've seen many Berkman overrated posts over the years and reply to every single one of them. ;-)
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Yoda wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Trust me. I've seen many Berkman overrated posts over the years and reply to every single one of them. ;-)

Well for what it's worth I thought Berkman was a great guy to target last year, so I don't have anything against the guy in general, just this year I guess.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RJ24VC15 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:15 pm

Derek Jeter & Robinson Cano, and really any .330+hitters.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well for what it's worth I thought Berkman was a great guy to target last year, so I don't have anything against the guy in general, just this year I guess.

So a 31 yo hitter who qualifies at OF, 1B and averages 105 R, 34 HR, 115 RBI, 7 SB, .304 BA, .983 OPS per year since 2000 and is always available in the second round and beyond is overrated in your estimation?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers