What happened to Sandra Bullock? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What happened to Sandra Bullock?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What happened to Sandra Bullock?

Postby gfantasy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:24 pm

gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:43 pm

Well, she was in Crash last year, which, in case you forgot, won best picture.

It was also her best performance in my opinion... "Speed" was fun and jumpstarted her career, but that led to a bunch of crappy romantic comedies. I think she's much better suited to secondary roles like she had in Crash than as the primary love interest of Hugh Grant in like 5 movies.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gfantasy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:Well, she was in Crash last year, which, in case you forgot, won best picture.

It was also her best performance in my opinion... "Speed" was fun and jumpstarted her career, but that led to a bunch of crappy romantic comedies. I think she's much better suited to secondary roles like she had in Crash than as the primary love interest of Hugh Grant in like 5 movies.

She's still HUGE
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Madison » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:48 pm

Pretty big weight gain there. Any chance she's pregnant? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Laean » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:22 am

Coppermine wrote:Well, she was in Crash last year, which, in case you forgot, won best picture.

i thought "while you were sleeping" was her first big break.

anyway, crash was a horrible best picture winner. i can't believe brokeback mountain did not win.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gfantasy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:46 am

Laean wrote:

anyway, crash was a horrible best picture winner. i can't believe brokeback mountain did not win.

Brokeback Mountain was too QUEER
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:48 am

Laean wrote:

A couple notes...

"While You Were Sleeping" came out a year after "Speed" as a direct result of her success in the film. I don't know if you recall, but Speed was a HUGE movie, not only jumpstarting the career of Bullock, but also marking the resurgence of Dennis Hopper (who had previously been blacklisted from Hollywood, literally, since the Cold War). Speed, interestingly, was Hoppers most successfuly film financially in his career, even more so than "Easy Rider," the film that defined him as an actor. It also was the springboard for his role in the extremely overhyped "Waterworld."

Keanu of course went on to do the Matrix trilogy as Neo, a role he perhaps would never have landed if not for "Speed" (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure probably wasn't quite enough).

I saw both Crash and Brokeback Mountain; both were excellent movies and both very controversial... basically it was certainly between the two (although I thought Sideways was a masterpiece in its own right). Choose the racially sensitive film or the gay one... Hollywood played it safe, but have you seen Crash? It was, in my opinion, fantastic.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gfantasy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:52 am

Coppermine wrote:
Laean wrote:

A couple notes...

"While You Were Sleeping" came out a year after "Speed" as a direct result of her success in the film. I don't know if you recall, but Speed was a HUGE movie, not only jumpstarting the career of Bullock, but also marking the resurgence of Dennis Hopper (who had previously been blacklisted from Hollywood, literally, since the Cold War). Speed, interestingly, was Hoppers most successfuly film financially in his career, even more so than "Easy Rider," the film that defined him as an actor. It also was the springboard for his role in the extremely overhyped "Waterworld."

Keanu of course went on to do the Matrix trilogy as Neo, a role he perhaps would never have landed if not for "Speed" (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure probably wasn't quite enough).

I saw both Crash and Brokeback Mountain; both were excellent movies and both very controversial... basically it was certainly between the two (although I thought Sideways was a masterpiece in its own right). Choose the racially sensitive film or the gay one... Hollywood played it safe, but have you seen Crash? It was, in my opinion, fantastic.

Sideways was AWESOME
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:56 am

gfantasy wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Laean wrote:

A couple notes...

Sideways was AWESOME

Have you seen "Little Miss Sunshine?" They're calling it this year's "Sideways." To be honest, I'm hard pressed to decide which is funnier, and I might even give the acting edge to "Sunshine" given the performance of Steve Carell. Paul Giamatti is awesome though, have you seen "American Splendor?"
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Laean » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:02 am

Coppermine wrote:
Laean wrote:

A couple notes...

hmm, you're right. i thought While You Were Sleeping came out before, but i guess i was remembering wrong. then yeah, Speed is undeniably the vehicle that jump started bullock's career.

Sideways is an excellent film.

oh don't worry, i saw Crash. it was basically filled with one-note caricatures (except Matt Dillon's character) instead of human beings. very unrealistic. it's like they thought of the goal that they wanted the film to serve first, then came up with a story that would best achieve that purpose.

if they had come up with a good story itself, it would've affected people plenty enough on its own.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk