Postby HOOTIE » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:30 pm

Has everyone forgotton about Hudson?
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Dice » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:47 pm

Halladay can start clearing space on his mantle for the Cy Young trophy. The 15 in a row win streak and now the 4 CG SO streak is impossible to ignore.
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:55 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Has everyone forgotton about Hudson?

Yes. He has no chance at a Cy Young anyway, with that decent-but-just-above-average 15-6 record and good-but-not-insanely-great 2.66 ERA. Also he hasn't been that great over his last couple starts (24.2 IP, 13 ER), and that of course is freshest in voters' minds, particularly when his team is in a tight divisional race. The same goes for Loaiza, who has seemed to choke with the playoff pressure.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:06 am

guest wrote:

Yes. He has no chance at a Cy Young anyway, with that decent-but-just-above-average 15-6 record and good-but-not-insanely-great 2.66 ERA. Also he hasn't been that great over his last couple starts (24.2 IP, 13 ER), and that of course is freshest in voters' minds, particularly when his team is in a tight divisional race. The same goes for Loaiza, who has seemed to choke with the playoff pressure.

No chance? As of yesterdays numbers, Hudson lead the al pitchers in win shares with 22. Halladay was 3rd with 21. It doesnt include Roys gem, so its probably 22 all now. Hudsons had terrible run support, Roys had great. So why should Loaiza or Hudson be penalized for struggling recently in a pennant run. Roy has the luxury of no pennant run to pitch for numbers only. Zito won last year with a 2.75 era.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:38 am

ramble2 wrote:Halladay has also pitched over 250 innings this season! That's a whooooole lotta innings!

Here's a funny stat. Before tonight:

Halladay--243 innings, 180 k's.
Loaiza----204 innings, 185 k's.

Halladay has more innings, but less strikeouts!

This is far from over. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby guest » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:40 am

HOOTIE wrote:
guest wrote:

No chance? As of yesterdays numbers, Hudson lead the al pitchers in win shares with 22. Halladay was 3rd with 21. It doesnt include Roys gem, so its probably 22 all now. Hudsons had terrible run support, Roys had great. So why should Loaiza or Hudson be penalized for struggling recently in a pennant run. Roy has the luxury of no pennant run to pitch for numbers only. Zito won last year with a 2.75 era.

I think that after Loaiza, Hudson has been the best starting pitcher in the AL this year. It's just that he doesn't have enough wins to be an automatic Cy Young contender, if not winner, and his ERA is good, but not great enough to offset the lack of wins. Yes, I think Hudson has been a better pitcher than Halladay, but 21 wins -- in a year when it's quite possible he'll be the only 20-game winner -- is pretty impressive to Joe Cy Young Voter.

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:43 am

guest wrote:but 21 wins -- in a year when it's quite possible he'll be the only 20-game winner -- is pretty impressive to Joe Cy Young Voter.

Hmmm....Loaiza has 19 wins and at least 2 more starts left. I think it's very possible that there will be 2, 20 game winners.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby guest » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:07 am

he hasnt let up an earned run in his last 36 innings. thats unreal, hes finishing up strong. and 21 wins aint too shabby, hes lowered his era from something like 3.68 to 3.2 in his last 4 games

Postby Don Mattingly » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:13 am

Okay so it isn't over but the chances of Loaiza winning are about as good as Tyson ever being a heavyweight contender again !+)
Don Mattingly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers