Bonds is Coming Back! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds is Coming Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:45 pm

Tavish wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:After all his talk about how "it wasn't about the record" and that he wouldn't be back next season...........

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t


yea i cant believe an adulterer/drug fiend would lie about his retirement. :-o


No doubt about it, that Roger Clemens guy is a scumbag.

:-D
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:00 pm

;-D

I hope that the Giants play in Toronto next year. If they do I will take my son to see him.

I've seen Guy Lafleur and Wayne Gretzky play, I'd like to add Barry to the list.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby sharksfan1139 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:11 pm

yessss! Bonds..All star game in SF..how frikken perfect is that
25

Image
sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1191
Joined: 5 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rib217 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:59 pm

If all you bonds fans want to argue his stats before the questionable steroid period...so be it...you still have incredibly valid points for him being outstanding. Even if you want to use his steroid stats, once again...so be it. Afterall, who know how many guys were or are using it.

Please just dont defend his steroid use. You and I both know he used them, you and I both know he knowingly used them. Despite whether or not you are gonna say he hasnt been found guilty blah blah, we all know he did. Stick to the argument that works. In the past he was an amazing ball player, with the aid of steroids he was an insanely good ball player. A cheater like many others but still an insanely good ball player with the roids.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2726
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:24 pm

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:There's also a difference between knowing something to be true, and assuming something to be true because it's what you want to believe.


Where a few months ago he was ready to hang it up after this year, he's now suddenly ready to have surgery to come back for another season. There hasn't been any sort of event regarding him that would have reinforced a passion in baseball so greatly, but he is now within striking distance of Aaron's record.

It's not about knowing. It's about inferencing, and connecting the dots.


Where've you been, Barry has discussed retiring for the past 4 years. If you could still play at that level, for that money, that record, wouldn't you? I sure as hell would. What keeps getting missed is the fact that he doesn't have a World Series ring. As I recall, that is what he is playing for. Breaking the homerun record will be easier than getting that ring IMO.

Play five more if you can Barry. Josh Gibson is still ahead of Hank Aaron. And there is still Sada Hara Oh (sorry about the mis-spelling Mr. Oh.) Break them all. I love to watch these haters squirm. In fact, I believe the haters are driving him to these levels.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby DK » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:00 pm

rib217 wrote:If all you bonds fans want to argue his stats before the questionable steroid period...so be it...you still have incredibly valid points for him being outstanding. Even if you want to use his steroid stats, once again...so be it. Afterall, who know how many guys were or are using it.

Please just dont defend his steroid use. You and I both know he used them, you and I both know he knowingly used them. Despite whether or not you are gonna say he hasnt been found guilty blah blah, we all know he did. Stick to the argument that works. In the past he was an amazing ball player, with the aid of steroids he was an insanely good ball player. A cheater like many others but still an insanely good ball player with the roids.


Steroids weren't against baseball rules until 2003...

Since 2003 Bonds has never failed a drug test...

dyuen87 wrote:get out of the game and leave the record intact, you cheater. :-t


The only intact record is Harmon Killebrew's. Check the sig. O:-)

And you'd better not listen to Tav; he's so far off base on this issue. Next he's going to say that Michael Jordan holds the career HR record. Isn't that right? Aren't you biased against all true baseball players, Tav? Just admit it. You know it's true.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby rib217 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:11 pm

DK wrote:
rib217 wrote:If all you bonds fans want to argue his stats before the questionable steroid period...so be it...you still have incredibly valid points for him being outstanding. Even if you want to use his steroid stats, once again...so be it. Afterall, who know how many guys were or are using it.

Please just dont defend his steroid use. You and I both know he used them, you and I both know he knowingly used them. Despite whether or not you are gonna say he hasnt been found guilty blah blah, we all know he did. Stick to the argument that works. In the past he was an amazing ball player, with the aid of steroids he was an insanely good ball player. A cheater like many others but still an insanely good ball player with the roids.


Steroids weren't against baseball rules until 2003...

Since 2003 Bonds has never failed a drug test...

dyuen87 wrote:get out of the game and leave the record intact, you cheater. :-t


The only intact record is Harmon Killebrew's. Check the sig. O:-)

And you'd better not listen to Tav; he's so far off base on this issue. Next he's going to say that Michael Jordan holds the career HR record. Isn't that right? Aren't you biased against all true baseball players, Tav? Just admit it. You know it's true.


I didnt know that needed to be stated in baseball rules that ILLEGAL substances arent allowed in the game. I suppose they could chill in the dug out and snort a few lines of other illegal substaces then?? its not in the rulebook is it?
rib217
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2726
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I never expected anything else. His pursuit of the HR record is without doubt the main reason he's still playing the game.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby DK » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:16 pm

rib217 wrote:
I didnt know that needed to be stated in baseball rules that ILLEGAL substances arent allowed in the game. I suppose they could chill in the dug out and snort a few lines of other illegal substaces then?? its not in the rulebook is it?


So by your logic, any player that's done something illegal should be stripped of his records? Fantastic. Someone else agrees with me that Harmon is the true Home Run champ. ;-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Stop hating and enjoy the ride.
Everyone cheated one way or another.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 21 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact