Bonds is Coming Back! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds is Coming Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:25 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:After all his talk about how "it wasn't about the record" and that he wouldn't be back next season...........

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

yea i cant believe an adulterer/drug fiend would lie about his retirement. :-o

No doubt about it, that Roger Clemens guy is a scumbag.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdsun1 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:30 am

It's all about the record. I'd do it too if I were him.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OREO fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:30 am

slomo007 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Does anyone else think that Bonds passing Ruth was a bigger story in the media than Bonds passing Aaron will be?

I think from the media stand point the Aaron record will far surpass Babe's American League record.

Really? If you ask the casual baseball fan who is the HR king, the answer will almost always be Babe Ruth. The casual fan doesn't even know about Hank Aaron being the leader.

eh i dont know if i believe that. but regardless of what people know now, espn will pump americas ears with hank arron/barry bonds till our ears can take no mo!

Try it today...go up to someone who doesn't know a lot about baseball but also isn't completely clueless (ie, the casual fan). Just say, who has hit the most HRs in the history of baseball?

I agree that ESPN will probably pump it, but I can hardly forget how ridiculously they pumped it when he passed Ruth. :-P

I would imagine that you would have to find somebody who does not follow baseball at all. I don't know if "casual fan" is the right term for that person.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 am

OREO fan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Does anyone else think that Bonds passing Ruth was a bigger story in the media than Bonds passing Aaron will be?

I think from the media stand point the Aaron record will far surpass Babe's American League record.

Really? If you ask the casual baseball fan who is the HR king, the answer will almost always be Babe Ruth. The casual fan doesn't even know about Hank Aaron being the leader.

eh i dont know if i believe that. but regardless of what people know now, espn will pump americas ears with hank arron/barry bonds till our ears can take no mo!

Try it today...go up to someone who doesn't know a lot about baseball but also isn't completely clueless (ie, the casual fan). Just say, who has hit the most HRs in the history of baseball?

I agree that ESPN will probably pump it, but I can hardly forget how ridiculously they pumped it when he passed Ruth. :-P

I would imagine that you would have to find somebody who does not follow baseball at all. I don't know if "casual fan" is the right term for that person.

Once Barry passes Aaron ... the whole world will know the awnser to that question Slomo. I guarantee it.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 756)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:36 am

jdsun1 wrote:It's all about the record. I'd do it too if I were him.

easier said than done. the mental strain of chasing that record, under these circumstances would be mind boggling. we've seen him crack before and what he'll encounter when getting nearer to this record will be more scrutiny than he's ever seen. the mental strain and injury risk is gonna make this a tough 25 more for barriod.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:37 am

wrveres wrote:
OREO fan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Once Barry passes Aaron ... the whole world will know the awnser to that question Slomo. I guarantee it.

I agree, ESPN will give them no choice. But, will baseball fans accept him as the record holder? :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:40 am

slomo007 wrote:
I agree, ESPN will give them no choice. But, will baseball fans accept him as the record holder? :-?

it'll be 50/50 .. just like everything else in this country.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 756)

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:43 am

This also means ESPN's gonna crank out another "Lets follow Barry everywhere and put him all over the TV" crappy show this coming spring. :-P :-P :-P
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 am

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This also means ESPN's gonna crank out another "Lets follow Barry everywhere and put him all over the TV" crappy show this coming spring. :-P :-P :-P

haha, at least we get to see poor pedro gomez again. :-b
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:27 am

If he can play next year more power to him.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers