Bonds is Coming Back! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds is Coming Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am

OREO fan wrote:wrveres and a few others - why do you guys like Bonds so much? Is it just because you think he has been treated unfairly by the media/MLB/federal investigators? What is it about him that makes you root for him?

Pretty simple for me. He's the greatest player I've ever seen, legendary players don't come around often.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:get out of the game and leave the record intact, you cheater. :-t

We've got much more reason to believe that your precious 1B Jason Giambi juiced up than Barry. Should he leave the game, 'the cheater'? :-?

he can play but if he breaks the record it shouldnt count because it was mostly a result of steroids. Giambi has humbled himself, I cant say the same for Bonds.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:01 am

OREO fan wrote:wrveres and a few others - why do you guys like Bonds so much? Is it just because you think he has been treated unfairly by the media/MLB/federal investigators? What is it about him that makes you root for him?

2B - 584
SB - 509
HR - 732
R - 2146
H - 2829
BB - 2422
RBI - 1920
OBP - 0.443
SLG - 0.608
OPS - 1.052

Respect.

And I am a San Diego Padres fan, I should hate him more than most. I mean hell he has more homeruns against my Pads than any other team ...

It is respect, and love of a game.

Heck, looking at those figures and assuming you enjoy this game as much as I, I would argue that

he has been treated unfairly by the media/MLB/federal investigators

is why you dispise him.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1154)

Postby OREO fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:02 am

Tavish wrote:

Pretty simple for me. He's the greatest player I've ever seen, legendary players don't come around often.

I was just curious. He is the greatest player I have ever seen as well, but I can't stand him.

I have become an Alex Rodriguez (and Peyton Manning) fan simply because I keep rooting for them to shut up all of the people out there who bash them with no basis for their arguments. I was just wondering if the same thing was going on with Bonds. I have not rallied around Bonds simply due to the fact that I believe that he used PED's and that from everything I have read, he just seems like a jerk.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 am

dyuen87 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

We've got much more reason to believe that your precious 1B Jason Giambi juiced up than Barry. Should he leave the game, 'the cheater'? :-?

he can play but if he breaks the record it shouldnt count because it was mostly a result of steroids. Giambi has humbled himself, I cant say the same for Bonds.

So what you're saying is people who are suspected of using steroids should be allowed to play, just not to break records? And that humbling themselves absolves all? Can they go after records, then? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 830)

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 am

dyuen87 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I say they take away any WS that Giambi or Sheffield participate in.
Actually, as admitted users, they should be banned from post season play all together
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1154)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:05 am

wrveres wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I say they take away any WS that Giambi or Sheffield participate in.
Actually, as admitted users, they should be banned from post season play all together

No, it's fine. As long as they aren't chasing any records.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 830)

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:06 am

I hope he stays and breaks the record. This guy does act like a jerk a lot of the times, but it's justified a lot of the times also. Like a lot of people said, he is one of the best players of all time and we got to watch him.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:08 am

It is no shock to me at all that he is coming back next year. I think the Giants would be crazy to let him walk even with his lack of defense in LF, as the hype around home run #750-756 will be huge. I would only hope that he does indeed give the Giants a huge hometeam discount and not go for the highest bidder. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OREO fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:11 am

wrveres wrote:

2B - 584
SB - 509
HR - 732
R - 2146
H - 2829
BB - 2422
RBI - 1920
OBP - 0.443
SLG - 0.608
OPS - 1.052

Respect.

And I am a San Diego Padres fan, I should hate him more than most. I mean hell he has more homeruns against my Pads than any other team ...

It is respect, and love of a game.

Heck, looking at those figures and assuming you enjoy this game as much as I, I would argue that

he has been treated unfairly by the media/MLB/federal investigators

is why you dispise him.

I respect him. He is a once in a generation player, maybe the greatest ever. But I can't just dismiss his image as a complete fabrication by the media. Why him?

I do love the game, but just because somebody is good at it does not make me want to root for them.

But fair enough. I was just wondering why you seem to be heading the fan club.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers