100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds is Coming Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds is Coming Back!

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:10 am

:-)

He is going to break the record

"It's going to be nice to sit down and talk with my family after the season because they're the ones who are wishy-washy about it," Bonds told MLB.com before going 1-for-3 with a walk in his club's 5-0 win Thursday over Colorado. "I go back and forth.

"My wife, Liz, is going to support me no matter what I want to do. She'll be right there behind me. But I can see it in my son's face now that he's playing football. Me being in the stands is a big thing. He was excited to see me there. It was a good feeling for him and for me. My daughter, the first thing she'll say is, 'Can you take me to school?' Even though I've been there a thousand times, she wants to give me a tour of her second grade and her school and all her new teachers.

"But then after I'm home for a few days, she wants to go and see me play baseball. So I need to sit down and determine what's the best way to go about doing what I need to do and how I can be the best dad they want me to be when it's all over. If I continue to play, I'll be satisfied with that."

"San Francisco is my home and that's where I'd rather be."

"People are going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but I have to thank the media for the way the guys have worked with me," said Bonds, who has been known to have a cantankerous relationship with many individual members of the media throughout his 22-year career. "I have been able to play the game this year the way I've always wanted to play it. I don't have to do an interview every four hours. I've had games when I've hit home runs, but somebody else won the game for us and [the writers] go to that person.

"They have given me that. They have allowed that to happen and our relationship has gotten a lot better. It's a good feeling for me. I'm not taking away from the team or from anything else that's going on. It's about team, winning games, other guys contributing and I'm able to just prepare for the next day. I think it's wonderful and I'm going to keep it that way."

"I've probably had a better time this year than I've had in my entire life," Bonds said. "As far as all that's concerned."

The Carrot

The 2007 season could be an exciting one at AT&T Park. The Giants are hosting the July 10 All-Star Game. And though they have 11 free agents and the roster may be completely different, Bonds could still be part of the show as he chases Aaron's record.

Bonds, who is 23 home runs short of tying Hank Aaron's all-time record, reiterated that he intends to discuss his playing future with his family after the season, although he added, ``I want to play next year.''
:-)
Last edited by wrveres on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:19 am

:-t
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:35 am

That's great news I hope he does come back and break the record. I have no problems with Bonds as I have stated before this is all baseball and Bud Selig's doing. They knew what was goin-on.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:02 am

;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:10 am

get out of the game and leave the record intact, you cheater. :-t
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:35 am

dyuen87 wrote:get out of the game and leave the record intact, you cheater. :-t

We've got much more reason to believe that your precious 1B Jason Giambi juiced up than Barry. Should he leave the game, 'the cheater'? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby duckmonkey » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:36 am

Yeah, Barry...what happened to your statement about not being interested in breaking Aaron's record?

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:43 am

duckmonkey wrote:Yeah, Barry...what happened to your statement about not being interested in breaking Aaron's record?

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

This is not about Aaron or anyone else the guys is not ready to call it a day. Nothing wrong with that.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby OREO fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:45 am

wrveres and a few others - why do you guys like Bonds so much? Is it just because you think he has been treated unfairly by the media/MLB/federal investigators? What is it about him that makes you root for him?
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am

where does it say he's coming back?

spam from werves. now ive seen it all. :-L
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter