Chris Lubanski or Jacoby Ellsbury? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Chris Lubanski or Jacoby Ellsbury?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ukjohn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:48 pm

isn't this "fantasy baseball cafe"

i make my minors list according to fantasy value
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby carter » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:47 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Lubanski doesn't project to be anybody too special


neither did the player in your sig, lol
carter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 340
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:02 pm

J35J wrote:Both are probably waiver wire guys throughout their careers, so i'm not concerned either way. !+)


Jason



I'm just going to go back to this, if we're talking about fantasy purposes.



Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 398)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:55 pm

J35J wrote:
J35J wrote:Both are probably waiver wire guys throughout their careers, so i'm not concerned either way. !+)


Jason



I'm just going to go back to this, if we're talking about fantasy purposes.



Jason


In 3 years -
I think someone leading off for the Red Sox won't find himself on the waiver wire for long, not compared to the #5 (at best) hitter for the Royals.
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Postby J35J » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:06 pm

bigken117 wrote:
J35J wrote:
J35J wrote:Both are probably waiver wire guys throughout their careers, so i'm not concerned either way. !+)


Jason



I'm just going to go back to this, if we're talking about fantasy purposes.



Jason


In 3 years -
I think someone leading off for the Red Sox won't find himself on the waiver wire for long, not compared to the #5 (at best) hitter for the Royals.


Just because he is slated to be the lead off hitter doesn't mean he will stay there..... who's to say he pans out? or if he is good enough to even play full time what if he is only good enough to the be the #9 hitter....... Anyway, neither guy is really on my radar much for fantasy purposes.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 398)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:08 pm

J35J wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
J35J wrote:
J35J wrote:Both are probably waiver wire guys throughout their careers, so i'm not concerned either way. !+)


Jason



I'm just going to go back to this, if we're talking about fantasy purposes.



Jason


In 3 years -
I think someone leading off for the Red Sox won't find himself on the waiver wire for long, not compared to the #5 (at best) hitter for the Royals.


Just because he is slated to be the lead off hitter doesn't mean he will stay there..... who's to say he pans out? or if he is good enough to even play full time what if he is only good enough to the be the #9 hitter....... Anyway, neither guy is really on my radar much for fantasy purposes.

Jason


fast with great OBP, both things are good indicators of Major league success. Ellsbury will have a nice career.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby KOSTAS » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:39 am

thedude wrote:Ellsbury will very likely be leading off for the Red Sox by the start of 2008. Also struggled a little early on and then picked it up after july. Ellsbury (as any leadoff guy for the red sox) will have more value. In his prime look for .280-290 BA, a good amount of steals, and 100+ runs. Not a 1st round draft pick, but a solid player.


I very much doubt Ellsbury will be leading off for the Sox in 2008. It would take some very bad circumstances for that to happen.
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Anchorage Alaska

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 27
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Miami at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact