100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Cain vs. Felix Hern....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EvSolo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:02 am

shortsavage wrote:
ukjohn wrote:Hernandez >>> Cain

easy choice for me...especially considering Hernandez is in a tougher league

Maybe I'm too sleeped deprived to recall basic mathematics, but I think you conflict with yourself here.

LOL another thread i come acroos where u feel the need to point out to people that they made a dumb mistake. and hes not trying to use > in a mthematical stance, hes illustrating that in his opinion Felix is much greater than Cain.

i dont mean to get on you but dude take it back a notch. you honestly didnt understand what he meant by >>>>?
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:47 pm

EvSolo wrote:
shortsavage wrote:

Maybe I'm too sleeped deprived to recall basic mathematics, but I think you conflict with yourself here.

LOL another thread i come acroos where u feel the need to point out to people that they made a dumb mistake. and hes not trying to use > in a mthematical stance, hes illustrating that in his opinion Felix is much greater than Cain.

i dont mean to get on you but dude take it back a notch. you honestly didnt understand what he meant by >>>>?

Another thread where I merely looked for clarity and you thought it was worth your time to try to call me out on it. I'm not attacking people, I'm trying to make sure that I understand what they mean. You're misunderstanding me and the context of my comments.
Last edited by shortsavage on Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:50 pm

I think Felix has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor. Cain's pitching great right now and I wouldn't trade that for Felix's potential.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sockeye » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:15 am

The contradiction had nothing to do with the mathematical notation - it was that part of the recommendation to go with Pitcher A appeared to be due to him playing in a harder league. It would be the same as recommending a Rockies pitcher over a Dodgers pitcher, then saying "plus, he pitches in Coors field."

I read the thread in sequence and noticed the contradiction too. It's not big deal, it just detracted from the posters argument.

EvSolo wrote:
shortsavage wrote:

sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball