Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Testament is pretty awesome actually. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Didn't you own Vandy in our FFC vs. FBC league?

no sir. vinitari.

so tool and radiohead are to subdued but youre into a perfect circle?

I said I liked APC a little better. I didn't say I was into them. I just got used to listening to A Perfect Circle when I was living with my ex because she was a big fan.

Hey, I listen to some subdued stuff sometimes. Slipknot is subdued? Right? ;-D

Have you listened to Opiate?? Its not exactly subdued

Yes, but personally, for me, it is. If it isn't thrash metal or death metal (not the melodic kind mind you), then everything else feels subdued in comparison for my taste.

Ah jeez.. I've met guys like you before. "The softest music I listen to is Slipknot" type of guy. I've found that guys like that usually go home and listen to Madonna when no one else is around. :-b

Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yea I've always thought that. I actually passed up my tickets last month to see them though. Cause I saw them a few months back on their small club tour and the set was exactly the same.

It was also like 60 bucks a ticket.

They rule live though..The new album i've started to find a bit depressing.

I think that they will be the next floyd type head trip legend band our kids like.

"Get of your * cross we need the * space to nail the next fool marytr."

I love that line

yeah...i had to pass up the 2nd show too..but only because my bachelor party is going to be the same night....yay b00bs!*

*actually i get a 2 night party, with a kegger/poker party and then b00bs the next night...so i'm actually missing Tool for poker :-/ but i've seen them 3 times and yeah it's the same setlist so B-)

When's your bachelor party? Mine's a week from tonight. Can't wait to see some tittahs. ;-D

I'm going to miss a Converge show while I'm on my honeymoon though. That really ticks me off. :~(

night 1 is a week from today as well...b00b night is the next night ;-D

looks like that Monday might have a nice Bachelor Party thread

acsguitar wrote:
Wow how old are you 2? I'm 25 and my girlfriend gave me a 2 year period before she has to get married.

I'm panicing by the minute

2 months away from 27

i kept getting the old ultimatum as well...but i knew she wasnt going anywhere so i think we had been dating about 8 years before i proposed

don't panic though...planning the wedding gives them something to do other than nag you...and you can make fun of her bridesmaids for being fat or lesbians
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Testament is pretty awesome actually. ;-D

Are they still around?
I saw them yeeeeears ago at a small club, a double bill with Overkill. Not my cup of tea but they had a lot energy in their music.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:52 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Testament is pretty awesome actually. ;-D

Are they still around?
I saw them yeeeeears ago at a small club, a double bill with Overkill. Not my cup of tea but they had a lot energy in their music.

Looks like it. I heard from a friend that Alex Skolnick could be returning to Testament and that he's conjuring up songs for an album some time next year.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 pm

If you want to compare a modern band to Pink Floyd, I'd say Radiohead comes the closest.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:59 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:If you want to compare a modern band to Pink Floyd, I'd say Radiohead comes the closest.

Yeah, that's a good call too.

However, I came up with this comparison watching Tool live and thinking about what a unique show they put on and what an entertaining and engaging stage presence they have. Kind of like how Pink Floyd used to blow people away with their live concerts.

The music of Radiohead is a closer fit, but I still haven't seen Radiohead live..
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

no sir. vinitari.

I said I liked APC a little better. I didn't say I was into them. I just got used to listening to A Perfect Circle when I was living with my ex because she was a big fan.

Yes, but personally, for me, it is. If it isn't thrash metal or death metal (not the melodic kind mind you), then everything else feels subdued in comparison for my taste.

Ah jeez.. I've met guys like you before. "The softest music I listen to is Slipknot" type of guy. I've found that guys like that usually go home and listen to Madonna when no one else is around. :-b

Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yea I've always thought that. I actually passed up my tickets last month to see them though. Cause I saw them a few months back on their small club tour and the set was exactly the same.

I think that they will be the next floyd type head trip legend band our kids like.

I love that line

yeah...i had to pass up the 2nd show too..but only because my bachelor party is going to be the same night....yay b00bs!*

*actually i get a 2 night party, with a kegger/poker party and then b00bs the next night...so i'm actually missing Tool for poker :-/ but i've seen them 3 times and yeah it's the same setlist so B-)

When's your bachelor party? Mine's a week from tonight. Can't wait to see some tittahs. ;-D

I'm going to miss a Converge show while I'm on my honeymoon though. That really ticks me off. :~(

acsguitar wrote:
Wow how old are you 2? I'm 25 and my girlfriend gave me a 2 year period before she has to get married.

2 months away from 27

i kept getting the old ultimatum as well...but i knew she wasnt going anywhere so i think we had been dating about 8 years before i proposed

don't panic though...planning the wedding gives them something to do other than nag you...and you can make fun of her bridesmaids for being fat or lesbians

Don't want to brag here or nothing, but.. I never got the ultimatum. :-]

I proposed before she was expecting it and I blew her away. She was speechless and just babbled for about 30 seconds. That felt pretty cool.

Unless I'm wrong acs, don't you already live with this chick anyway? You're pretty much married already if that's the case.. .

Have fun at your bachelor party Dan. I'm sure stoked for mine. My best man tells me there's going to be a TON of lapdances, and I'm only allowed to wear gym shorts with no boxer shorts. :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Simulacrum wrote: My best man tells me there's going to be a TON of lapdances, and I'm only allowed to wear gym shorts with no boxer shorts. :-b

hahahha thats funny
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:If you want to compare a modern band to Pink Floyd, I'd say Radiohead comes the closest.

Mogwai are even closer, I like the dreamy Radiohead stuff but Mogwai is dreamier and doesn't have the annoying vocals either.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:37 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

no sir. vinitari.

Dan Lambskin wrote:

I love that line

acsguitar wrote:

2 months away from 27

Don't want to brag here or nothing, but.. I never got the ultimatum. :-]

I proposed before she was expecting it and I blew her away. She was speechless and just babbled for about 30 seconds. That felt pretty cool.

Unless I'm wrong acs, don't you already live with this chick anyway? You're pretty much married already if that's the case.. .

Have fun at your bachelor party Dan. I'm sure stoked for mine. My best man tells me there's going to be a TON of lapdances, and I'm only allowed to wear gym shorts with no boxer shorts. :-b

hope he brings some kleenex }:-)

if not just tell her it's frosting from your Bachelor Party cake :-D

...all i know for mine is we are renting a party bus and going T-bar hopping
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk