EVAN LONGORIA! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

EVAN LONGORIA!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bojang0301 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:22 am

With his high draft position, red hot start in the minors how he is handling the high expectations? and what personal goals he has for himself as a professional ball player? ;-D
bojang0301
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:07 am

also, the website itself is kind of chaotic. Some article only has an abstract or the beginning while the Inman interview covers the whole screen and more. I think it wouldn't be that hard to turn the website into a format similar to minorleagueball.com with a short abstract in the left side(and no more than 6 articles) and a link below with all the article links.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:52 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:also, the website itself is kind of chaotic. Some article only has an abstract or the beginning while the Inman interview covers the whole screen and more. I think it wouldn't be that hard to turn the website into a format similar to minorleagueball.com with a short abstract in the left side(and no more than 6 articles) and a link below with all the article links.

Thanks for the input. I left the Inman interview in full because I wanted the picture to liven things up, but it does makes things inconsistent and a little crazy.

As you can tell, I don't have much background in web or graphic design. I'm working on putting a team of guys/gals together to make the site look better. One of my buddies is going to design a logo for us next week.

And thanks for the support guys! The site got almost 1,000 hits in its first week just through word of mouth; more than 200 today. I'll do my best to keep improving it.

Keep the feedback coming. I'm listening to each and every word.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:42 am

I got a design team to give Project Prospect a new look. What do you think?
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:11 am

too dark IMO, and the grey word isn't the easiest to read. I don't love the black background but it could be just me
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:22 am

I'd have to say "not bad"

The look of the website never really matters to me anyway. It's the info. and how it's displayed, and I'd say your doing a pretty good job of it. ;-D
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:too dark IMO, and the grey word isn't the easiest to read. I don't love the black background but it could be just me

Yeah, the grey word is stupid html confusion from the coding in my old blog since I just had the blogs from http://www.projectprospect.blogspot.com. I'll keep playing around with different color combinations and stuff as time permits.

Thanks for taking the time to check things out for me ;-D .
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby killercars » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:40 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:too dark IMO, and the grey word isn't the easiest to read. I don't love the black background but it could be just me

i agree about the grey layout... but overall man... it's been amazing... i love the content and have bookmarked it as one of my fav. new sites... ;-D
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby killercars » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 am

also... on the longoria front...

is it set in stone that he's playing third, or does he think he'll be coming up as something else... maybe where he thinks his best position is... i've just seen some random conflicting things on here about he and brignac and upton... with maybe evan at 2b??? with cantu leaving??? idk... just some thoughts...

again... great site...
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Thanks for the kind words killercars!

I thought of the same question as you for Longoria about his position and asked him in the email that I sent him last night. Hopefully, I'll hear back from him in time to get the interview up by Monday (still waiting on Travis Snider, too).

I'm working on getting an interview a week - two a month at worst.

Do you guys like the rankings or the idea of doing what publications like BA do (but on a MUCH smaller scale) months before they come out with their prospect handbook and top 100?

We should have 2-4 regular columnist writing pretty soon, too.

What do you guys think of the logo that Becca made (the one at the top of the page)? I'm working on getting pictures from the guys who I interview so that she can make a cool one with actual player images. Or do you think we should just keep the basic one that we have up now?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for the input everyone. The Cafe has been pretty good to me, so I'll definitely be around here a lot checking in with you guys about what you think about the content and layout on the site. People like the posters in this forum are my target demographic. I'm here to do whatever you're interested in...I'm just one of you, but with a lot of free time :-D .
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball