Durham?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Durham??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Durham??

Postby JoeKingMing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:42 pm

Anyone know whats up with Ray Durham. He left yesterday's game, and isn't in the lineup today.

Should I start scrounging the waiver wire for a replacement??
JoeKingMing
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Durham??

Postby schmidty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:05 pm

JoeKingMing wrote:Anyone know whats up with Ray Durham. He left yesterday's game, and isn't in the lineup today.

Should I start scrounging the waiver wire for a replacement??

I hope not. I was a moron and dropped Cano for him right before Cano's 5 RBI game (needing the advantage I thought Durham gave me in power, run production, and K/BB ratio over Cano's edge in AVG -- guess it shows you what too much thinking about moves does for you you). I hope its just a day game after night game kind of thing -- but if Bonds can do it today, you'd think everyone would suck it up.

I can't find any official statements, though I'm reading comments on the Giants fan message board how it looked like Durham "tweaked" something on a swing in his last AB. Since there's been nothing official, hopefully they're just being cautious and sitting him for just this 1 game. It sucks -- Durham was hot and producing well across the board (even got a SB last night). Hitting behind Bonds with Bonds hitting well means lots of pitches to hit with men on base.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JoeKingMing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Yeah, I certainly wish him well. He's been huge for my team over the past month or so.
JoeKingMing
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kage812004 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:39 pm

i would love a update on this if anyone finds anything, i cant afford to have a bat in my lienup for playoffs if hes not playing and i have no 2ndbaseman on my bench so i would need to grab someone.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Durham

Postby DimeaDozen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Yahoo stated that Durham hurt his hip on a hard slide into third and will be out at leat two games.
DimeaDozen
T-Ball Trainer

Postby GrubNasty » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:53 pm

yeah last time i dropped durham in a hurry and really regretted it but if he doesnt play tonight im going to swap him out for another 2nd baseman its all way to close....
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby schmidty » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:53 pm

GrubNasty wrote:yeah last time i dropped durham in a hurry and really regretted it but if he doesnt play tonight im going to swap him out for another 2nd baseman its all way to close....

In a tight race for the playoff semi-finals, I had no choice but to drop him. Luckily I was able to pick Cano back up -- unluckily I missed out on the zillion RBIs he's already had this week. I'm not taking any chances with Yahoo's time estimates. Going by that, Griffey has been coming back "tomorrow" for a week now. If Cano's not available, Aurilia's a good play and seems to be available in many leagues (his stat line is extremely similar to Durham's, so you're not losing much).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Splendid61 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:15 am

Durham was back in the lineup last night. Seems like this year, he's been able to get back from the little injuries alot faster.

Of all guys that will be eligible at 2B next season, Durham has the highest OPS, his 907 OPS is 17 points higher than Utley's.

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates