Harden? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden?

Postby costag » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:52 am

I have heard that his bullpen sessions have been going well. any chance of him pitching out of the bullpen for the last 2 weeks or is he considered done for the year?

I could really use a good relief pitcher that has SP eligibility for the playoff run.
costag
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pappymojo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:41 pm

I think there's a very good chance that he makes major league appearances starting next week.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby checkers » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:40 pm

pappymojo wrote:I think there's a very good chance that he makes major league appearances starting next week.

if he does come back .. he'll end up like Liriano .. !
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:01 pm

checkers wrote:
pappymojo wrote:I think there's a very good chance that he makes major league appearances starting next week.

if he does come back .. he'll end up like Liriano .. !

If he comes back I think he'll pull a Beckett and be dominating in the playoffs.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:16 am

This is a few days old, but I think the bold line is pertinent to this discussion. It doesn't look like you can expect any bullpen innings, but if you're in the hunt in the final days of the season and he doesn't suffer a setback, you might get to gamble on a lone start.

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Sunday, September 10, 2006

Update: Harden (elbow) is working towards coming back to the starting rotation according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Recommendation: Harden was able to throw 40 pitches in a bullpen session on Friday, but had his next bullpen session pushed back a day until Monday in order to try and increase the number of pitches. "That figure needs to go up many more from a starter's perspective. Talking to (general manager) Billy (Beane), it's imperative (Harden) pitches in a starter's role, so it does us no good to get him ready as a reliever. We have to know for 100 percent if he will be viable as a starter for 2007, and pitching as a reliever doesn't accomplish that end. So he has to get up to 75-90 pitches'', head trainer Larry Davis said. He could be ready for a rehab assignment after his session on Monday, but doesn't figure to be ready to join the rotation until the final week of the season.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates