My Top 25 for 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Top 25 for 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:01 pm

I would rank Cabrera in the top 5, but not #2 (in a redraft at least). Guys like Santana, Ortiz, Howard and A-Rod I would still place ahead of him.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rainman23 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:07 pm

I drafted Utley this year, and I've been happy with him. But I'm surprised to see people rating him 7th and 10th, and nobody giving them grief about it. I'd gladly snag him in the 2nd round again, but no way I'm taking him in round 1. It's real hard to see how anyone could rate Reyes behind him.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:28 pm

rainman23 wrote:I drafted Utley this year, and I've been happy with him. But I'm surprised to see people rating him 7th and 10th, and nobody giving them grief about it. I'd gladly snag him in the 2nd round again, but no way I'm taking him in round 1. It's real hard to see how anyone could rate Reyes behind him.

yeah i agree, i value reyes>utley.. but let people think what they want, we can snag reyes after utley next year :-D and get ourselves the better player
utley-2nd rounder
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Philly Pride » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 pm

San D wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:Personally, I dont feel comfortable having zambrano in the 2nd round. The cubs is weak offensively and zambrano's whip has risen to 1.31 this season. His era should be around 4 rather than the 3.5.

I worry about taking Zambrano at this point also with the rising WHIP and walks. Now his lower back is giving him fits too. I like guys like Peavy and Haren better.

You like Danny Haren over Carlos Zambrano? He'll be healthy by next year, and the Cubs will have D-Lee back.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby San D » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Philly Pride wrote:
San D wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:Personally, I dont feel comfortable having zambrano in the 2nd round. The cubs is weak offensively and zambrano's whip has risen to 1.31 this season. His era should be around 4 rather than the 3.5.

I worry about taking Zambrano at this point also with the rising WHIP and walks. Now his lower back is giving him fits too. I like guys like Peavy and Haren better.

You like Danny Haren over Carlos Zambrano? He'll be healthy by next year, and the Cubs will have D-Lee back.

Yes I do, but only because I try and be as safe as possible with pitchers. I worry about Zambrano's years of abuse, the increasing walk rate, and the increasing WHIP. The back just added to my concerns.....do those injuries go away? I don't know.

Haren has improving WHIP, K/BB, a good AL ERA, and no real injury history. Zambrano probably has more upside, but I'd put Haren in the same tier and think I would rather have him. (I have both of them in my money league team and have to drop one. I think about this issue a lot! :*) )
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers