My Top 25 for 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Top 25 for 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:45 am

mweir145 wrote:Quick look at hooligan's:

Cabrera, Jeter, Carpenter, Halladay, Wells, Zambrano and Holliday are too high.
Manny, Soriano (especially), and Crawford are too low.

Some of the others are debatable, but those are the biggest flaws I found.

I'd also add Hafner and Holliday to that list of being too high.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:46 am

Hafner is not too high are you serious?

I don't understand how you can start ranking players when the 06 season is not even over.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: My Top 25 for 2007

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:04 am

dyuen87 wrote:I think I'd take either Crawford or Bay instead of Holliday.

I would take Crawford over Holliday and Bay, but I would take Holliday quite a bit ahead of Bay. Holliday has been consistently good this year, where as Bays high value came from his steals last year. Bay has also been fairly average this year minus that one huge month of home runs he had.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:06 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:I think I'd take either Crawford or Bay instead of Holliday.

I would take Crawford over Holliday and Bay, but I would take Holliday quite a bit ahead of Bay. Holliday has been consistently good this year, where as Bays high value came from his steals last year. Bay has also been fairly average this year minus that one huge month of home runs he had.

I agree. Holliday has been awesome since second half 05...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:07 am

Ender wrote:I dunno, Bay had one good month this entire season and the rest of the months are really mediocre. He easily could be a 25 HR, 10 SB guy next year in which case he doesn't reach my top 25.

Who cares about month by month? He's going to top 100/30/100/10 for the second straight year. With 2-3 weeks left, he's already tied last years HR/RBI totals. He could just as easily have several good months next season.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Ender » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:37 am

Fade2White12 wrote:
Ender wrote:I dunno, Bay had one good month this entire season and the rest of the months are really mediocre. He easily could be a 25 HR, 10 SB guy next year in which case he doesn't reach my top 25.

Who cares about month by month? He's going to top 100/30/100/10 for the second straight year. With 2-3 weeks left, he's already tied last years HR/RBI totals. He could just as easily have several good months next season.

I care about it, thats a big warning sign for players to avoid, those that have their stats carried by one months production. I think Bay is a fine player, I just don't know if he'll make my top 25 or not. Its way too early to worry about this anyway, just commenting that I dont' think its out of line for someone to not put him in there. He most certainly will not make my top 15 next year, will he be in the 16-25 range, dunno.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:41 am

I dunno. I can't see how Konerko is being left off the top 50 list and guys like Kazmir, Peavy and Ichiro are being put on. Ichiro has been a major disapointment and is so streaky a hitter I do not see why anyone would pick him in the high rounds at this point. Kazmir is hardly a proven veteran. Peavy has been a disappointment as well.

I also do not see Jeter or Sizemore being taken in the second round. They will go top 50 for sure, but not int he teens overall.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:52 pm

Speaking of white sox... where do you draft Dye next year? He is going to have 100+ R, 45ish HR's, 120ish RBI and close to 10 SB while hitting over .300.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:00 pm

raiders_umpire wrote: would take Crawford over Holliday and Bay, but I would take Holliday quite a bit ahead of Bay. Holliday has been consistently good this year, where as Bays high value came from his steals last year. Bay has also been fairly average this year minus that one huge month of home runs he had.

I could see that in H2H being an issue, but would it matter in roto?
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:07 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote: would take Crawford over Holliday and Bay, but I would take Holliday quite a bit ahead of Bay. Holliday has been consistently good this year, where as Bays high value came from his steals last year. Bay has also been fairly average this year minus that one huge month of home runs he had.

I could see that in H2H being an issue, but would it matter in roto?

Which line do you want in roto?

92 32 101 9 .281

99 28 95 9 .335

I am pretty sure I will take the huge batting average and a even on the other 4 numbers. ;-D If Bay is not going to steal 25 bases a year, his value plummets quite a bit.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers