Ethier out of Line-UP:Did he look bad last night? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ethier out of Line-UP:Did he look bad last night?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ethier out of Line-UP:Did he look bad last night?

Postby StringerBell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:12 pm

I know Andre was being rested before yesterday`s game. He went o-4. I didnt watch it----did he look bad?---`cause he`s out of the Line-Up again tonight.
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:16 pm

Here's Rotoworld's take on the situation

Rotoworld wrote:After going 0-for-5 in his start against a left-handed pitcher last night, left-handed hitter Andre Ethier is out of the lineup against a right-hander tonight.
Ethier is batting .351 against left-handers, but that's obviously something of a fluke. He still has the better OPS against right-handers and he's clearly a better bet against righties going forward. Still, Grade Little somehow has it in his mind that he's better off playing Marlon Anderson over Ethier against a right-hander than Jason Repko over Ethier against a lefty, even though Repko hits lefties better than Anderson hits righties and is the far better defender of the two. Little's decision making hasn't been a big problem in his first year in Los Angeles, but there's a good chance he'll prove to be a liability come playoff time.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby StringerBell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:Here's Rotoworld's take on the situation

Rotoworld wrote:After going 0-for-5 in his start against a left-handed pitcher last night, left-handed hitter Andre Ethier is out of the lineup against a right-hander tonight.
Ethier is batting .351 against left-handers, but that's obviously something of a fluke. He still has the better OPS against right-handers and he's clearly a better bet against righties going forward. Still, Grade Little somehow has it in his mind that he's better off playing Marlon Anderson over Ethier against a right-hander than Jason Repko over Ethier against a lefty, even though Repko hits lefties better than Anderson hits righties and is the far better defender of the two. Little's decision making hasn't been a big problem in his first year in Los Angeles, but there's a good chance he'll prove to be a liability come playoff time.

Man-----I gotta use that paragraph for the "Overthinking 101" course
I`m taking. :-D

I guess Grady just played Ethier everyday until he was sure he was cold. The rookie stayed hot for a long time though.
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazing Oopah » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:21 pm

He has been awful for nearly a month, but at least he lasted longer than Kemp :-B

Anyways, this kid is good and I think he's someone to look for next season. I certainly will ;-D
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Ethier Officially Off The Planet

Postby StringerBell » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:56 pm

Andre E is out of Line-Up again. 8 ABs in the last 8 days.
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates