Yesterday= the best day in Mets History (Since 1991, anyway) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Yesterday= the best day in Mets History (Since 1991, anyway)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:03 pm

davidmarver wrote:Lol, so winning the division but not having yet won a playoff game is better than reaching the World Series (ala 2000)?

Go figure. :-?

2 Padres fans can't resist bashing on Mets fans when they're the class of the NL?

DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gfantasy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:This has been placed in the mental vault, and at first chance, your parade shall be rained on -- rest assured. :-]

stored here too.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:37 pm

This feels so good to see the team that has beaten us relentlessly for years finally fail. It's wonderful.

Padres fans would have no idea what it's like to have the same team beat you over and over again in dramatic and painful ways.* But this feels good to finally beat the Braves.

*Because of the "one team" part. Everybody beats the Padres. [/b]
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Yesterday= the best day in Mets History (Since 1991, anyway)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 pm

DK wrote:The Braves were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yesterday.

Celebration reigns. }:-) ;-D

DK, you are smarter then that. :-] The Braves are not eliminated from the playoffs. They can not win the division, but they still do have a mathematical shot at the playoffs. There is no chance they make the playoffs, but they still have a mathematical chance. ;-D ;-D

As far as the Mets go, I give a huge congrats to those fans after these last 10 years of finally conquering Mr. Cox. Your home team finally brought some players up through the minors to help them compete, and of course those 3 huge free agent signings definitely helped quite a bit as well. I still think we will see some very nice Braves, Mets, Marlins battles over the next few years for the East title though as the Marlins are loading up with young talent, and the Braves are starting to build their depth back up after some pretty bad drafts earlier this decade.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HiddenIdentity » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:34 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:

DK, you are smarter then that. :-] The Braves are not eliminated from the playoffs. They can not win the division, but they still do have a mathematical shot at the playoffs. There is no chance they make the playoffs, but they still have a mathematical chance. ;-D ;-D

As far as the Mets go, I give a huge congrats to those fans after these last 10 years of finally conquering Mr. Cox. Your home team finally brought some players up through the minors to help them compete, and of course those 3 huge free agent signings definitely helped quite a bit as well. I still think we will see some very nice Braves, Mets, Marlins battles over the next few years for the East title though as the Marlins are loading up with young talent, and the Braves are starting to build their depth back up after some pretty bad drafts earlier this decade.

Yeah, Florida scares me more than Atlanta for next year.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:05 am

DK wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Lol, so winning the division but not having yet won a playoff game is better than reaching the World Series (ala 2000)?

2 Padres fans can't resist bashing on Mets fans when they're the class of the NL?

There was no bashing, just bewilderment how another team not winning the division is more joyous than going to the World Series. I still haven't figured it out, actually.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:38 am

DK wrote:

what ?? ... I said congrats. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby gfantasy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:37 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Yeah, Florida scares me more than Atlanta for next year.

If the Marlins keep this team in tact for years to come...we have some fierce competition coming up...
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Previous

Return to New York Mets