Playoff tickets available Tuesday -BY INTERNET OR PHONE ONLY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Playoff tickets available Tuesday -BY INTERNET OR PHONE ONLY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Playoff tickets available Tuesday -BY INTERNET OR PHONE ONLY

Postby Dannomyte » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:51 pm

Let's hope they break out of the slump and actually make it to the post season!!

Playoff tickets available Tuesday - BY INTERNET OR PHONE ONLY

DETROIT - You won't have to go to Comerica Park to get your playoff tickets. In fact, you won't be able to get them there at all.

The Tigers announced today that they've switched the method for selling tickets, and that any available tickets for the Division Series will go on sale Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. BY INTERNET OR PHONE ONLY. Tickets can be purchased via tigers.com, or by phone at 248-25-TIGER. Ticket prices start at $35.

Also, the Tigers have switched the limit, so that now any customer can buy up to six tickets per game. The Tigers could host as many as three games in the Division Series. Dates are to be determined, but if the Tigers win the Central Division, they would likely host Games 1 and 2 on Oct. 3 and 4, and a potential Game 5 on Oct. 8. If the Tigers are the wild card, they would host Games 3 and (if necessary) 4, likely on Oct. 6 and 7.

Any available tickets for the League Championship Series and World Series would go on sale at a later date.

I'm really glad I don't have to go to Comerica Park and wait in line for tickets now. I don't like the fact that they changed the ticket limit. It's definitely going to make tickets a lot harder to get imo.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm

Playoff baseball in Detroit....How many people even remember what that's like? I sure don't. I was only 7 years old and just getting into baseball back then. Let's hope they don't fall apart and hang onto a playoff spot.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Playoff baseball in Detroit....How many people even remember what that's like?

Sadly enough I remember 1984 and 1987 pretty well. I say sadly because it makes me feel old to think that it has already been 22 years since they won the series. I was 14 at the time and although I didn't get to go to any playoff games I didn't miss a minute of them on TV. My earliest memories of going to Tigers games was going to Tiger Stadium to see Mark "The Bird" Fidrych pitch. I don't remember the games all that well but I do remember that all of the kids in my neighborhood wanted to be just like him. Great times indeed!

I really hope the Tigers don't crap the bed down the stretch and miss the postseason. I'm really looking forward to hitting a game or 2 at the CoPa! If the Tigers win the Central and face Oakland in the 1st round I think they have a great chance of advancing to the 2nd round. That's where things will probably get ugly for them imo. If they win the Wildcard I think they are in for a 1st round exit. As much as I hate to say it I think once October rolls around the Yankees are going to be almost improssible to beat in a series. I hope I'm wrong but that rarely ever happens!!

Then again all of this speculation is irrelevant if the Tigers don't start taking care of business.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dannomyte » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:34 pm

Playoff scenarios

The Tigers won a coin flip with the Twins, but lost one with the White Sox to determine the site of a one-game playoff, in case there's a tie for the wild-card spot in the American League.

If the Tigers and Twins tie, the game will be played on Monday, Oct. 2 at Comerica Park.

If the Tigers and White Sox tie for the wild card spot, it will be played at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.

If two teams are tied for first, and both have qualified with their overall record for the post season, the division champion will be decided by the head-to-head record between the two teams.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ScarletP » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 am

Well, it's quarter past, and all my requests for 4 seats together for any of the 3 games has come back without tickets. Time to try for 2 seats together.

Congrats to any of you who got tickets.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dannomyte » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:11 am

I ended up with 4 standing room only for Game 1 and 6 SRO for Game 2.

I had 6 premo seats reserved for game 1 but got bounced with a message saying that my transaction couldn't be processed because I had more than 1 browser open trying to get tickets. Man was I pissed.

I guess I can't complain though.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dannomyte » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 pm

I just checked Ticketmaster and there are single tickets available for games 2 and 3.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/ml ... postseason
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Detroit Tigers