Pap done for the Year Most Likely - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pap done for the Year Most Likely

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pap done for the Year Most Likely

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:16 pm

Jonathan Papelbon said he will not pitch again unless the Red Sox are in contention and he's completely healthy.

``If we get back in this race and the doctors and trainers and me, all together, feel I'm 100 percent, I'm going to come back," he said. ``But if one of us feels I'm 95 percent, I'm not coming back. I'm not coming back unless we all think I'm 100 percent." From the horse's mouth himself. It looks like Papelbon is done for 2006 unless the Red Sox can find some serious magic soon. Mike Timlin looks like a safe bet for the rest of the year.
Source: Hartford Courant

8 Games out of the WC
10.5 out of the AL EAST
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pap done for the Year Most Likely

Postby zevon » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:58 am

Havok1517 wrote:Jonathan Papelbon said he will not pitch again unless the Red Sox are in contention and he's completely healthy.

``If we get back in this race and the doctors and trainers and me, all together, feel I'm 100 percent, I'm going to come back," he said. ``But if one of us feels I'm 95 percent, I'm not coming back. I'm not coming back unless we all think I'm 100 percent." From the horse's mouth himself. It looks like Papelbon is done for 2006 unless the Red Sox can find some serious magic soon. Mike Timlin looks like a safe bet for the rest of the year.
Source: Hartford Courant

8 Games out of the WC
10.5 out of the AL EAST

The way Timlin's been throwing he's anything but safe though. 8-o
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby devastor » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:28 pm

SO WTF does this mean?? I was about to drop him.

"Red Sox injured closer Jonathan Papelbon, who hasn't pitched since his shoulder slipped out of joint on September 1, will likely begin playing catch this weekend. "Papelbon is doing real good," manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. "He said yesterday that if things were different, [he] could probably have pitched today. That's nice to hear."

:-o :-B :-o :~( :-o :-o
devastor
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates