Wisdom teeth; I'm a big "P" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wisdom teeth; I'm a big "P"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 am

Madison wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Coppermine wrote:They definitely put me under, but I had an infection from two of my wisdom teeth that had "surfaced" and causes some painful problems between the teeth and exposed gums.

The dry sockets are the worst part; in fact, some of my sutures came out a little early and I can still feel a little hole where my bottom-right tooth was.

They key is to be diligent in keeping them clean. Your doctor should have given you a thing that looks like a syringe with a plastic, curved point. Make sure that nothing you eat get stuck in those holes or you will be sorry.

I was given nothing of the sort. :-o

Have a wife, girlfriend, friend, parent, or someone contact the dentist and get one. ;-D

Should have given you one with some gauze, directions on how to keep the surgical areas clean, etc. :-o

I was given everything but that. I have the gauze, directions, and my meds...no syringe like thingy for cleaning measures...hopefully one night won't cause too many problems. :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:18 am

pokerplaya wrote: I hate the idea of being put completely under for something relatively minor. And considering I have no dental insurance, and it was an extra 400 bucks, there was no way in hell I was going under. :-b

I like the idea of being put under b/c we had numerous parties involving nitrous tanks when I was in college (mid 80s...) and few buzzes are more spectacular.... ;-D

Not sure if any buzz is worth 400 bucks but it'd be close... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:33 am

Madison wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Coppermine wrote:They definitely put me under, but I had an infection from two of my wisdom teeth that had "surfaced" and causes some painful problems between the teeth and exposed gums.

The dry sockets are the worst part; in fact, some of my sutures came out a little early and I can still feel a little hole where my bottom-right tooth was.

They key is to be diligent in keeping them clean. Your doctor should have given you a thing that looks like a syringe with a plastic, curved point. Make sure that nothing you eat get stuck in those holes or you will be sorry.

I was given nothing of the sort. :-o

Have a wife, girlfriend, friend, parent, or someone contact the dentist and get one. ;-D

Should have given you one with some gauze, directions on how to keep the surgical areas clean, etc. :-o

A friend of mine who just had this done a few weeks ago said they didn't give it to her until she got the stiches taken out. My follow up is scheduled for next Friday, and it does make sense that not much should be able to get into the areas until the stiches come out.

Who knows though...I'll likely call tomorrow just to be safe. Thanks for the heads up, guys. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:53 am

stevethumb wrote:hey poker playa, you said that you had no dental insurance but do you have a regular health insurance policy ? impacted wisdom teeth removal is considered surgery and is covered by most health plans

I was thinking the same thing.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:54 am

Heh, avoid straws for a while. They should give you the syringe thingy on the next visit. Remember to use warm salt water with it.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:41 am

Sort of related to the topic, my 7-year old just lost his first tooth. We pulled it out with needle-nose pliers. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Sort of related to the topic, my 7-year old just lost his first tooth. We pulled it out with needle-nose pliers. !+)

What's the going rate now for the tooth fairy??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Sort of related to the topic, my 7-year old just lost his first tooth. We pulled it out with needle-nose pliers. !+)

We gave him, I mean the Tooth Fairy gave him, 2 bucks. I've heard anywhere from 75 cents to 15 bucks though. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:45 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

We gave him, I mean the Tooth Fairy gave him, 2 bucks. I've heard anywhere from 75 cents to 15 bucks though. :-°

2 bucks?? If I was him, I would complain. I got a buck around 30 years ago. Didn't the tooth fairy ever hear of inflation?? Might as well pay him with Canadian money.
Lofunzo

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

2 bucks?? If I was him, I would complain. I got a buck around 30 years ago. Didn't the tooth fairy ever hear of inflation?? Might as well pay him with Canadian money.

Yeah, seriously! When I was a kid back in the late 80's, early 90's, I got 5 bucks. :-°
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk