I got frozen by Yahoo for publishing my league at the cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I got frozen by Yahoo for publishing my league at the cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:44 pm

That's quite odd. You clearly advertised the Salary Cap league we're in on FFC and got pointed out for spamming the FBC? Nothing wrong with what you did and you had gotten an inappropriate response by the Yahoo customer rep, who probably doesn't have a clue of what you did.

I have to wonder with 12 Angry Men starting up in '07 and seeing how we're drafting here while using a Yahoo league that we could get pointed out in the same fashion. :-?

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:13 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:That's quite odd. You clearly advertised the Salary Cap league we're in on FFC and got pointed out for spamming the FBC? Nothing wrong with what you did and you had gotten an inappropriate response by the Yahoo customer rep, who probably doesn't have a clue of what you did.

I have to wonder with 12 Angry Men starting up in '07 and seeing how we're drafting here while using a Yahoo league that we could get pointed out in the same fashion. :-?

I'm in a FF Yahoo league drafted on the lightside. I am completely confused about this... :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:39 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:That's quite odd. You clearly advertised the Salary Cap league we're in on FFC and got pointed out for spamming the FBC? Nothing wrong with what you did and you had gotten an inappropriate response by the Yahoo customer rep, who probably doesn't have a clue of what you did.

Well unless one of us reports our own league I don't see how that could happen.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:16 pm

I've sent Chad a PM and I'm looking into this. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby fezzik » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:27 pm

Hmmm...did you spam the yahoo message boards with links to the cafe? Because that's what I read in the response from yahoo...perhaps you were chatting in the public "leaderboard" message boards and were promoting the cafe a lot? I don't know, but that's how I'm reading it..."you were spamming http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com"...just a thought. :-?
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:48 pm

Hmmm...did you spam the yahoo message boards with links to the cafe? Because that's what I read in the response from yahoo...perhaps you were chatting in the public "leaderboard" message boards and were promoting the cafe a lot? I don't know, but that's how I'm reading it..."you were spamming http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com"...just a thought. thinking.gif

Funny story. I actually found the cafe through message board spamming on Yahoo.

So not all Yahoo message board spamming is bad, i guess.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:08 am

Sounds like a pretty bizarre situation. :-?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk