I got frozen by Yahoo for publishing my league at the cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I got frozen by Yahoo for publishing my league at the cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I got frozen by Yahoo for publishing my league at the cafe

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:31 pm

So I try to post in a public league I'm in and I can't because I'm locked from posting. I email Yahoo to ask about it. I get this email back:

Hello Chad,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

You were spamming http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com.

While we appreciate your interest in remaining active in your leagues, we will not reverse any actions taken in response to fair play, sportsmanship or Terms of Service violations.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/football-52.html

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Bruce

Yahoo! Customer Care

Here is my one and only post about my league:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=251488

I posted one time in the classifieds section about my league and Yahoo locks me from posting on public forums? That's crazy. Anyone have any advice on what to do?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:14 pm

Judging from how many people have viewed this post and that no one's replied, I don't think we have advice. I do agree that's ridiculous. Perhaps Yahoo decided to crack down and monitor the cafe's. Something to keep in mind on this side when fantasy baseball starts up again.

I certainly don't consider one post "spamming" and I would think that you're entitled to a warning. Try sending a professionally written email in reply; chalk it up as a misunderstanding.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:21 pm

wow that is not a classy move by yahoo.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:44 pm

I'd ask Buser, but I don't know if he has anything to do with that part of Yahoo.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:09 am

That's taking one for the team.

Someone probably reported you. I don't see how the can check every board in every league. Damn chimps!
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:I'd ask Buser, but I don't know if he has anything to do with that part of Yahoo.

That would be all I would know to do as well. Maybe Buser could lead you in the right direction for help with that. :-/
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:38 am

Did you tell them you are a hall of fame herO?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mugrila » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:45 am

After reading their Anti-spam policy, I don't see how you violated it. :-?

Maybe there's something else in the Terms of Service mumbo-jumbo I missed. :-°
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Mugrila » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:48 am

And why did they link to you to the baseball cafe when that post is on the football side?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby thedude » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't see how you violated the fair play and sportsmanship...

What is expected of me in terms of fair play and sportsmanship?

Even though fantasy games are meant to be a competitive experience for all involved, it is important to us that our users not lose sight of the rules of fair play and good sportsmanship.

To this end, each Public League fantasy team owner (Custom Leagues are controlled solely by the League Commissioner) agrees that, by joining the game, they will abide by the following regulations:

1. All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team or its standing within the league.
2. No owner may drop or "dump" players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team or its standing within the league.
3. No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).
4. No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
5. No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

While Yahoo! does not remove teams from leagues after they have drafted, any failure to follow all of the items listed above might result in the limitation or removal of playing privileges for the offending owner. These restrictions might include:

1. The suspension of specific game privileges (trading, message board posting, etc.) for the remainder of the season.
2. The suspension of all playing privileges for the remainder of the season.
3. The complete deactivation and removal of the corresponding Yahoo! account.
4. Any other action that Yahoo!, at its sole discretion, feels is necessary to restore fair play to the league.

It is the responsibility of team owners to monitor activity within their leagues. As an owner, if you notice any suspicious or collusive activity in your league, please notify us at once so that we can investigate and take the appropriate action—if any is deemed necessary—against the offending teams and accounts.
link

I also read the terms of service and you did not violate that section either.

The problem is that when you email yahoo, you get some minium wage guy who would rather be at coffee break...
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk