Fess up..Anyone else get bounced from H2H playoffs already - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fess up..Anyone else get bounced from H2H playoffs already

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby gfantasy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:44 pm

Just lost in the Semi's. Playing for 3rd starting tomorrow.

What a waste of a 1st place finish.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby angelfan114 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 pm

gfantasy wrote:Just lost in the Semi's. Playing for 3rd starting tomorrow.

What a waste of a 1st place finish.

and I was winning until arod poped out, while for his team loreta got a hit and a sac fly. Yeahthanks for messing me up Bernie on ur throw.l :-t
angelfan114
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sharksfan1139 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:10 am

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Stick a fork on my team.My team & the 2nd place team have been on a collision course all year & I thought we'd be playing for the championship.We're playing each other but not for the championship but for 3rd place.Unbelievable.

same here...it sucks

sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:52 am

And so it ends. I hath been eliminated -- and now I face the verbal bashing of my leaguemates, with comparisons of the Yankee team that blew it against the Red Sox just a few short years ago :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby CBV » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 am

i went 160-92-12 to win the regular season (18 team h2h), so as a heavy favorite to make it deep in the playoffs, i wasnt expecting this:

i had my bye, and i faced my opponent last week who had upset the number 3 team to get to me. i was winning 7-5 going into yesterdays action. when i checked the page sunday morning, my heart sank as i found myself down 3-8...a five point swing in one night. :-o

with a miracle extra innning homer by my rookie sensation Uggla, and a great performance by tim hudson, i sweaked by for the win.

6-5, the deciding factor? a tenth of a point of whip: 1.07 (me) to 1.08 (him)

:-° :-° :-°

now i have the championship in my grasp! october 1st cant come soon enough ;-D
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby koondog » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:19 pm

I guess I am one of those guys that upsets the top seeds. team sweaks into the playoffs with .500 records. Wins 3 playoffs rounds against teams ranked higher than me. and see myself facing off against the #1 seed for the championsip for the next 2 weeks.

gotta lov H2H.
koondog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBV » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 pm

koondog wrote:I guess I am one of those guys that upsets the top seeds. team sweaks into the playoffs with .500 records. Wins 3 playoffs rounds against teams ranked higher than me. and see myself facing off against the #1 seed for the championsip for the next 2 weeks.

gotta lov H2H.

this is why i only play h2h. i cannot stand roto. there is simply no excitement or reward for teams such as yours. there has to be playoffs! anything can happen in h2h and thats what makes it so exciting. you catch a dominant team on a cold week and anyone in the league can win... ;-D
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 pm

Bounced 4-5 this morning. I knew I was screwed when Zambrano pitched a gem yesterday.

I was 0-10 last wednesday, so I at least fought the good fight.

Soriano, Howard, Dye, Giambi, all dried up at exactly the wrong time.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:22 pm

All I need is to win WHIP to force a tie. And I couldn't do that. Tied WHIP at 1.04. Sigh, I don't deserve to win anyway, his team is so much better and owned me in every offensive categories out there.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Midnight_Toker » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:26 am

Yup, I got bounced last night. I was the #1 seed and got upset by the 5th seed. My big bats just forgot to hit ... Utley, A- Dunn, Ichiro, Vlad, Sizemore, Hanley. Oh well. There's always next year.
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers