Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:01 pm

If you need me let me know, I'll give it a shot
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gostanford07 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:13 pm

davidmarver wrote:Good to see the interest already...once we get closer to 30 I'll pm a mod to get a draft room set-up and I'll run a random number generator to get all the team names and draft slots figured out.

I think it's a great idea but since it's more for fun than anything, I think we should try to open it up to more than 30 people. Everyone can do their favorite team so no one has to be stuck with the Dodgers ;-7 . Obviously, some teams will have more managers than others and maybe we can distribute the late-comers to make it more even. But personally, I think it will be more fun if more people are participating and collaborating with eachother. Plus it's always better when you're in charge of you're favorite team. No more whining at Dusty, Cubs fans ;-D . Anyway, it's another idea, up to everyone else.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby BritSox » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:17 pm

gostanford07 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Good to see the interest already...once we get closer to 30 I'll pm a mod to get a draft room set-up and I'll run a random number generator to get all the team names and draft slots figured out.

I think it's a great idea but since it's more for fun than anything, I think we should try to open it up to more than 30 people. Everyone can do their favorite team so no one has to be stuck with the Dodgers ;-7 . Obviously, some teams will have more managers than others and maybe we can distribute the late-comers to make it more even. But personally, I think it will be more fun if more people are participating and collaborating with eachother. Plus it's always better when you're in charge of you're favorite team. No more whining at Dusty, Cubs fans ;-D . Anyway, it's another idea, up to everyone else.

I like collaboration, but ultimately someone has to have the authority to make the pick. As for everyone contributing to their own fave team, i don't think we need a thirty-man assembly for every yankee pick, whilst we struggle to find an owner for a couple of teams.

An auction would be even better... }:-) Probably not feasible though.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby RyanK » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:23 pm

id be interested
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby gostanford07 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:26 pm

BritSox wrote:
gostanford07 wrote:

I like collaboration, but ultimately someone has to have the authority to make the pick. As for everyone contributing to their own fave team, i don't think we need a thirty-man assembly for every yankee pick, whilst we struggle to find an owner for a couple of teams.

That's why I'm saying distribute the extra managers based on first come first serve. Then maybe limit it to 3 managers per team. That way you have a majority vote and more people get to participate. If we don't get 3 for every team its not that big of a deal either. I would just set the max at 3, but it depends on how much interest this draws. I think 2 people can come to an agreement on who to pick in a sim league, but who knows. Maybe it's better off suited for 30 managers.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:31 pm

gostanford07 wrote:
BritSox wrote:
gostanford07 wrote:

That's why I'm saying distribute the extra managers based on first come first serve. Then maybe limit it to 3 managers per team. That way you have a majority vote and more people get to participate. If we don't get 3 for every team its not that big of a deal either. I would just set the max at 3, but it depends on how much interest this draws. I think 2 people can come to an agreement on who to pick in a sim league, but who knows. Maybe it's better off suited for 30 managers.

yea we dont need 3 managers per. people here are knowledgable enough to make thier own picks.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:44 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:yea we dont need 3 managers per. people hear are knowledgable enough to make thier own picks.

;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:58 pm

gostanford07 wrote:

The football side actually used that idea. I'm not opposed to it, but I doubt we'll get 90 owners (giving us three per club) that'd be active over the off-season.

If we do, though, it's certainly a possibility I'll look at.

For now lets just see how many people we get interested and we'll go from there. And, no, an auction is not (remotely) feasible.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:58 pm

bigken117 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:yea we dont need 3 managers per. people hear are knowledgable enough to make thier own picks.

;-7

aww, poor cranky red sox fan.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:18 pm

Im in for sure...Let me know!!!!!!!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers