Who has the best Starting Rotation & Bullpen in the AL West? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who has the best Starting Rotation & Bullpen in the AL West?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who has the best Starting Rotation & Bullpen in the AL West?

Postby michaelp » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:28 am

Who has the best Startin Rotation & Bullpen in the AL West ?

I would give it to the A's, with Loiza playing great, Loaiza was 4-0 with a 1.48 ERA the past month, and even Saarloss is playing great, Saarloos was 4-0 with a 2.01 ERA, but I dont expect him to continue pitching like that, but adds great depth in the bullpen knowing he can go 5+ innings pitching great.
In the last 30 games Oakland starters are 19-7 with a 3.97 ERA. In August, Esteban Loaiza, Barry Zito, Dan Haren, Joe Blanton and Kirk Saarloos went 19-4 with a 2.82 ERA.

When Harden comes back healthy, the A's would be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.
The offense is also coming around, Ellis is being picked up in deeper leagues, Thomas is continueing playing great, Jason Kendall's bat has stopped shrinking, and swiping bags. Swisher isn't looking like the swisher of last month.
The team who had the best rotation and bullpen in the AL west used to be the Angels
michaelp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RGreener26 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:38 am

Oakland has the best and deepest pitching in MLB (with everyone healthy). I could have told you that before the season started.
RGreener26
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:44 am

RGreener26 wrote:Oakland has the best and deepest pitching in MLB (with everyone healthy). I could have told you that before the season started.
;-D ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:48 am

I'd say it's the Angels. You can't beat Lackey, Weaver, Escobar, Saunders and Santana. Every one of those guys is very solid for the most part.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DeadWinterDay » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:58 am

It's a close tossup between the A's and the Angels. Personally I'd go with the Angels as long as they keep Bartolo out off of the mound.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:00 am

I think Oakland is more reliable than Anaheim (without analyzing it statistically) and have the better overall staff and pen, but that's not a knock on what the Angels have goin' on out there.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby A's » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:00 am

Oakland hands down, to have zito, haren(last three starts have been shaky), Loiza, Blanton, Saarloss going into either a best of 5 or 7 is a good bet Oakland won't choke. If Harden does come back, the a's need to ease him in the games by the bullpen.
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:03 am

LOAIZA, IT'S SPELLED LOAIZA!!!!!
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:18 am

Old_Style wrote:LOAIZA, IT'S SPELLED LOAIZA!!!!!

I hate Loaiza. I still can't believe Gord Ash traded Michael Young for him.... :~(
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:13 am

mweir145 wrote:I'd say it's the Angels. You can't beat Lackey, Weaver, Escobar, Saunders and Santana. Every one of those guys is very solid for the most part.

and when bartolo colon is healthy... even more so.. best staff no doubt.. and dont forget about shields and k-rod in the pen.. by the way, they are the best one two combo in the league ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers