My Final Playoff Roster...how does it look? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Final Playoff Roster...how does it look? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Final Playoff Roster...how does it look? WHIR

Postby A2J » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:02 pm

12 team H2H Yahoo league

Offensive categories: R, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB
Pitching categories: W, CG, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

OFFENSE

C- R. Hernandez
1B- D. Ortiz
2B- C. Figgins
3B- R. Zimmerman
SS- J. Rollins
OF- J. Bay, A. Jones, R. Ibanez
U- P. Konerko
BN- R. Martin

PITCHING

SP- J. Santana, R. Oswalt, J. Smoltz, C. Hamels, S. Olsen, N. Robertson, T. Glavine, C. James, S. Kazmir (DL)

RP- T. Saito, A. Wainwright, M. Stanton
Last edited by A2J on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prhood » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:19 pm

Your pitching looks great. The lack of closers won't hurt with those scoring categories. I am concerned about (1) Ortiz - how much can you expect him to play and (2) Figgins has been colder than .... well I'm sure you can think of something. You don't seem to have a replacement for Figgins although Konerko is obviously an adequate sub for Ortiz. I'd be tempted to find a 2B/3B sub and replace either monroe or Kearns.
prhood
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:21 pm

your offense is very balanced. there is a good combination of speed, power, and average. With a hot A. Jones, the OF is very strong and filled with RBI's.

The pitching is also very good. 3 guys who are the aces of their respective staffs, along with young, strong talent from others. If Kazmir and Liriano were to be pitching, the staff would be crazy, but is still very strong without them.

I'm not too sure what Wainwright is doing there as a RP, but Saito is very solid. The RP, to me, is the weak point.

I'm curious to see what place you are currently in, but i would assume that it is pretty high with your team.

---------------------------------------------

Help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 05#1887605
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby A2J » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:58 pm

I'm not too sure what Wainwright is doing there as a RP, but Saito is very solid. The RP, to me, is the weak point.

Isringhausen is injured-- expected to be out for at least a week and possibly more. Made a play for Wainwright expecting him to get the ball in the 9th inning for at least this week. He was warming up in the 9th inning in a save situation in last night's game-- with Looper working the 7th and 8th-- so I fully expect him to be the guy this week.

I'm curious to see what place you are currently in, but i would assume that it is pretty high with your team.

Your assumption would be correct. My team finished with the best regular season record in our league. Currently enjoying the bye week before my team is back at it on Monday.

Thanks for your take. I pretty much see things the same way.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballcave » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:29 am

I feel your pain with figgins. he's been demoted to "super lead off spot" otherwise known as bottom of the order. If there was a suitable 2B out there I'd pick him up for the rest of the playoffs, but I'd keep figgens incase you are real close on SB late in the week. Also if you are well ahead in Ks and Ws late in the week I wouldn't even start S. Olsen, J. Francis, T. Glavine, or James who might screw up a great whip and/or ERA from the rest of the guys who are stellar.
baseballcave
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby A2J » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Ended up winning the championship. Won the two week H2H finals nearly wire to wire. Fell behind that first Monday, then took the lead for good in day two.

Thanks to everybody who helped me out throughout the year.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team