Convince me otherwise... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Convince me otherwise...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Convince me otherwise...

Postby Zito is God » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 pm

I am about to drop Hansen in my dynasty league. We count holds, but I see Heilman getting more then Hansen. He just hasn't shown anything in the majors and both his pitches are hard pitches so there is really no fulling the hitter on timing. With Paps likely the closer of the future Hansen has lost everything in my eyes and I am likely dropping him in favor of guys like Wainwright and Heilman.

Am I right? Do you see anything from this guy? In a season and a half he really has been a pure disappointment so far.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigwords » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:05 pm

We count holds in my league too.

I grant you absolution to drop Hansen. I wouldn't say he's a bust because not too many guys are star pitchers within two years of leaving school, but it's clear he'll take time to develop into a solid reliever. Whether or not he is closing in Boston this time next year, remember that relievers are much cheaper to acquire than other positions. You'll find a JJ Putz and Takashi Saito next year. And in a league that counts holds, your options are so much greater. I'd much rather have a Broxton than a Ryan Dempster anyway.

By the way, i apologize for the wrong forum, but in my keeper league, I have Zito at $10 and I've been trying to convince myself that this is a good value to keep for next year. Can you? I can probably pick up all but maybe 15-20 pitchers at that value. Should I protect him?
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:20 pm

I thought you should have dropped Hansen three weeks ago when you first posed a similar question.

Zito at $10 sounds pretty good to me. This season should mark the 28-year-old's sixth in a row with over 210 innings and a WHIP under 1.40. He's doesn't look like an ace or Cy Young contender as much anymore, but Zito could go on to have the best career out of Oakland's former Big Three.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Zito is God » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:20 pm

Zito at $10 is great value. Going to a new team with a better offense and (if the Mets which is likely) a bigger stadium could put him back in Cy Young contention. A definite keeper.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball