Music? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Music?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Music?

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:28 pm

I've been listening to more rap over the last couple of years, but I'm starting to get more into rock. I downloaded some Red Hot Chilli Pepper's songs. Along with some billy talent. But now I'm kind of looking for the same kind of songs, does anyone have any suggestions of bands/songs? Thanks. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 412)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brewcrew4you » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:54 pm

Start at the beginning, and work towards the now. Listen to as much of everything you can, to get an appreciation of how things have come to be.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:08 pm

In this exact order.

Buddy Holly
Beatles
Grateful Dead
Hendrix
Doors
Pink Floyd
Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Guns N Roses
Metallica
Tool
Rage Against the Machine

:)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:30 pm

Start with Dark Side of the Moon, then go Wish You Were Here, after that maybe Meddle or even Echoes. You'll be well on your way. ;-D ;-)
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:49 pm

If you like RHCP, listen to The Mars Volta
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Pfft...you're all barking up the wrong tree.

You need to get into METAL!!!!!!!!

You should get started into the classic metal like Black Sabbath and New Wave of British Metal: Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are the more popular NWOBHM bands. If you want, take a detour into power metal, which are basically bands that want to sound like Iron Maiden, like Helloween and Hammerfall.

Then, my friend, you'll have to get into...THRASH!!!!! Which means start with The Big 4: Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Metallica (start at the beginning and end at ...And Justice For All). Then, get into other BAY AREA THRASH: Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, Over Kill, and Metal Church...to name a few. Then, try some TEUTONIC THRASH: Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, and Celtic Frost, to name a few.

Then, if you want to take a step further into the dark side, get into DEATH METAL!!!! There are a ton of sub-genres with Death Metal too, but Death, Nile, Morbid Angel, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Possessed, At The Gates, Immortal, and Obituary are just a few of my favorites. Some of these cross over as Black Metal too.

You also have to listen to the likes of MOTORHEAD, Sepultura, and Pantera too.

Don't listen to emo, punk, or even Pink Floyd (they're okay, but I think they have a poseur following too)...just know that METAL is your new bread and butter. UP THE IRONS!!!! }:-)

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:06 pm

See signature ... that's all you need. ;-D
|
|
V
Last edited by SaintsOfTheDiamond on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:07 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Pfft...you're all barking up the wrong tree.

You should get started into the classic metal like Black Sabbath and New Wave of British Metal: Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are the more popular NWOBHM bands. If you want, take a detour into power metal, which are basically bands that want to sound like Iron Maiden, like Helloween and Hammerfall.

Then, my friend, you'll have to get into...THRASH!!!!! Which means start with The Big 4: Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Metallica (start at the beginning and end at ...And Justice For All). Then, get into other BAY AREA THRASH: Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, Over Kill, and Metal Church...to name a few. Then, try some TEUTONIC THRASH: Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, and Celtic Frost, to name a few.

Then, if you want to take a step further into the dark side, get into DEATH METAL!!!! There are a ton of sub-genres with Death Metal too, but Death, Nile, Morbid Angel, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Possessed, At The Gates, Immortal, and Obituary are just a few of my favorites. Some of these cross over as Black Metal too.

Don't listen to emo, punk, or even Pink Floyd (they're okay, but I think they have a poseur following too)...just know that METAL is your new bread and butter. UP THE IRONS!!!! }:-)

What no Venom??
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:In this exact order.

Buddy Holly
Beatles
Grateful Dead
Hendrix
Doors
Pink Floyd
Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Guns N Roses
Metallica
Tool
Rage Against the Machine

:)

That's a pretty good list for starters. I'd stick early Springsteen, The Who and the Rolling Stones in there too.
Last edited by Fireball Express on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Pfft...you're all barking up the wrong tree.

What no Venom??

Hey, hey, I listen to a lot of metal and sometimes I forget to put up one of the more important Black Metal bands out there. I'm not a big Black Metal fan myself as I'm more of a thrasher. ;-D

One side effect with listening to metal, SG, is sometimes you forget things, which can be a good thing...sometimes. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Next

Return to General Talk