Calling out Shortsavage and the Mods (Do Not Delete) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Calling out Shortsavage and the Mods (Do Not Delete)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Calling out Shortsavage and the Mods (Do Not Delete)

Postby joshheines » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:12 am

Look, I don't know why you would go ahead and delete my post calling out Shortsavage in his ridiculous (HORA) post. I made sure not to curse or use foul-language because I know kids read in here and am sensitive to that. However, I refuse to let this schmuck insult my intelligence or ability, or for that matter the general knowledge of this forum. Perhaps you should be deleting his preposterous posts instead of deleting mine for calling him out for being ignorant, rude and disgustingly arrogant.

In his Numbers Game post he asked “No one is interested in gaining knowledge of the history of baseball statistics in order to better their scoring system? Is this concept too difficult to explore?”

When someone replied that perhaps no one actually cared and added something about insulting the cafe, he responded, "Thank you for gracing me with your eloquence. If this sort of challenge insults your intelligence, I am sorry.”

Then, SS posts some ridiculous post about Homer Announcers. Less than 1.5 hours later, when no one responded he again insults the general intelligence of the forum by asking, “Is this too hard?”

No. I just think no one cared because the premise of the post was, flatly, stupid.

Finally, he got one response from a Braves fan. No one else responded for a few hours. Then at 11:20pm his time and at 2:20 amon the East Coast, he again insults all of us by asking, “Hehe, is this really too complicated? It should take less than 30 seconds to respond to. I've given out surveys that take 15 minutes and gotten a better response than I have tonight. I bet 9 out of 10 baseball fans over 90 years old would be able to answer this question. Can you?”

His final post goes ahead and displays nothing but ego and bravado when he posts the following:

“P.S. Seriously though, with my three years of service time here at the Cafe, I'm like the grandpa in Ricky Bobby - really just 22 - yet these young bucks are coming at me like spider monkeys.

When they're reading my bylines in some major baseball publication, they're going to be like, "...and I ragged on that guy once for asking me to think."

Pick your battles wisely young bucks; I have credentials.”

Then, I call him out for being ridiculous, ignorant, egotistical and insulting, and it's my post that gets deleted? There was nothing in my post that would have been considered unfit for the eyes of minors. I used such nice terms as "dookie" and "rear-end" instead of the real words I would use.

So, for the mod who decided to delete my post, who apparently condones SS's behavior, the question is why? And for SS, I still will tell you to take your ego and go back under the rock from wence you came. I could care less if you write columns for the MLB. It doesn't mean you know anything about baseball, or people. I mean, you can play baseball, be an announcer and still not know anything about baseball. See Joe Morgan.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:19 am

Yeah, Savage annoys alot of people over in the minor league forum. Not surprising.

He thinks he knows everything there is too know but will turn around and admit he hasn't been doing it very long and he is still learning..... (As far as rankings and scouting, etc.)

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:23 am

Maybe he could grace us with his presence in a cafe league so we may have the opportunity to sit at his feet and learn.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:41 am

You really don't understand why your post was deleted?

shortsavage may have used a pompous and arrogant tone, but he didn't challenge or attack anyone individually. If you don't like his ideas or his questions then ignore them, there's no reason to start a flame war by coming back at someone the way you did. It's even worse to call out the mods (who do a very good job of keeping the entire forum from devolving into a forum filled with nothing but ridiculous arguments and attacks by deleting posts like yours) publicly for cleaning up the leftovers section when they see fit.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshheines » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:47 am

Oh, OK, as long as someone can generally attack the intelligence of the entire cafe and not have their post deleted and I can't defend the intelligence of the entire cafe by responding in an agressive and accusatory tone, I'm OK with that. That's perfectly logical.

I suppose according to that logic, both of our recent posts should be deleted.

I never said the mods don't do a good job. I am just calling them out for deleting my one particular post.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:49 am

*yawn*

This has nothing to do with fantasy baseball. If you want to gripe and moan, move it to General Talk.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:49 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 717)

Return to Baseball Leftovers