Tigers Unconditionally Release Dimtri Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tigers Unconditionally Release Dimtri Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby johnsamo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:30 am

Even as a pinch hitter against lefties, he's got some value for the next 3 weeks... Guys got some serious pop. Does he have to clear waivers, otherwise, why hasn't he been picked up?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:31 am

sorry, meant against righties... he doesn't hit lefties well.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 am

johnsamo wrote:sorry, meant against righties... he doesn't hit lefties well.

The edit button is your friend. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:58 am

bigh0rt wrote:

:~(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:58 am

bigh0rt wrote:

Oops, I meant :-b

I am also interested in what the process is. I'd assume anyone can sign him and his agent would just be fielding the most attractive offers at this stage.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:02 am

We don't know all the little details that always go on behind the scenes. Sounds like DY may have had a bit of an attitude problem going and they decided (based on something that transpired during the game right before he was released) that they had better just part ways right there. Perhaps he threw a tantrum about being pinch hit for during that game and it was the final straw? Of course this is nothing more than speculation as even the press hasn't even really revealed anything concrete at this point. I just don't really know. One thing is for sure and that is that he wasn't just released because he's in a slump or else half the lineup could have been gone....
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NIU Ricky » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:44 pm

The Tigers will be fine. They are 9th overall in BA, 10th in runs, and 10th in HRs and with the best team ERA in all of baseball, they will go a long ways come playoffs time. Thames is an upgrade over Young in my opinion anyways. He just got screwed over on playing time in a crowded outfield and would be starting on most all teams.
NIU Ricky
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:19 pm

NIU Ricky wrote:The Tigers will be fine. They are 9th overall in BA, 10th in runs, and 10th in HRs and with the best team ERA in all of baseball, they will go a long ways come playoffs time. Thames is an upgrade over Young in my opinion anyways. He just got screwed over on playing time in a crowded outfield and would be starting on most all teams.

Really. Rogers has his picture in the dictionary next to the word "choker" (right next to the picture of Arod). Robertson is up and down and has been more down than up in the second half. Verlander is a rookie with no playoff experience. Add in an offense that at the very best is mediocre. They have not fared all that well against the Yankees or many of the top AL teams and have really beaten up on the scrubs of the AL and the NL. Nothing wrong with that, but Detroit is not scaring anyone for the playoffs imo. I would be surprised if they got out of the first round.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:38 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
NIU Ricky wrote:The Tigers will be fine. They are 9th overall in BA, 10th in runs, and 10th in HRs and with the best team ERA in all of baseball, they will go a long ways come playoffs time. Thames is an upgrade over Young in my opinion anyways. He just got screwed over on playing time in a crowded outfield and would be starting on most all teams.

Really. Rogers has his picture in the dictionary next to the word "choker" (right next to the picture of Arod). Robertson is up and down and has been more down than up in the second half. Verlander is a rookie with no playoff experience. Add in an offense that at the very best is mediocre. They have not fared all that well against the Yankees or many of the top AL teams and have really beaten up on the scrubs of the AL and the NL. Nothing wrong with that, but Detroit is not scaring anyone for the playoffs imo. I would be surprised if they got out of the first round.
It's disappointing that they are slipping lately, but as a Tiger fan, I'll take them just making the playoffs for now compared to where they were 3 years ago.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers