Question about bye week on Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question about bye week on Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbauer2485 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:46 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:
jbauer2485 wrote:
mrkrab2003 wrote:Click on your team in the standings section and your stats will show up.

Does the free stattracker tell you if the player is in the lineup an hour before the game starts?

Yes, you click on the small link next to their name and it brings up the Yahoo screen showing the lineup...

Yea but do you have to click on every player on your team to find out?

Yes, you still have to click on some links to make sure the player is in the lineup, but it's still free :*)
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrkrab2003 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Eh rather just pay 10 bucks, the time i save over the season is invaluable. Thanks for the info.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbauer2485 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:48 pm

It's also easy to access your team\opponent's team on Yahoo through the link at the top.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jbauer2485 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Eh rather just pay 10 bucks, the time i save over the season is invaluable. Thanks for the info.

That's understandable, I'd probably pay the 10 bucks also if I had one account.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:52 pm

With Yahoo! it is very easy - and I should become enshrined in Cafe history for such innovation.

Click on one of the matchups between two active teams this week. The URL should end with something like:

"matchup?week=23&mid1=4&mid2=7"

In the above example, the matchup is compiled for this week, eg the 23rd week (obviously). The mid1 and mid2 signify team 1 and team 2 respectfully. The number 4, and the number 7, represent a certain team in your league. If there are 12 teams, these numbers would be 1 through 12, etc. Your team is represented by one of these numbers as well. In my league, my team is represented as 4. By simply changing the numbers (where mid1 and mid2 = *) in the URL, you can theoretically create a matchup screen between any two teams for any given week and the stats for that week will be generated.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Thursday » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:43 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:With Yahoo! it is very easy - and I should become enshrined in Cafe history for such innovation.

Click on one of the matchups between two active teams this week. The URL should end with something like:

"matchup?week=23&mid1=4&mid2=7"

In the above example, the matchup is compiled for this week, eg the 23rd week (obviously). The mid1 and mid2 signify team 1 and team 2 respectfully. The number 4, and the number 7, represent a certain team in your league. If there are 12 teams, these numbers would be 1 through 12, etc. Your team is represented by one of these numbers as well. In my league, my team is represented as 4. By simply changing the numbers (where mid1 and mid2 = *) in the URL, you can theoretically create a matchup screen between any two teams for any given week and the stats for that week will be generated.

Pure genius.

Also, use 0 as the number of the opposing team to see just your stats alone. It'll just be a blank template for the other team.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hobbes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:07 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Click on your team in the standings section and your stats will show up.

Does the free stattracker tell you if the player is in the lineup an hour before the game starts?

Thanks for that, I didn't even think to click my name on the standings section. :-S

Fade2White12 wrote:With Yahoo! it is very easy - and I should become enshrined in Cafe history for such innovation.

<snip>

you can theoretically create a matchup screen between any two teams for any given week and the stats for that week will be generated.

That's fantastic. Thanks! ;-D

I like to see how my week is doing against my potential opponents, so this makes those comparisons a piece of cake.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:50 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Eh rather just pay 10 bucks, the time i save over the season is invaluable. Thanks for the info.

Ya same. I know for sure I won't be looking back on these $10 20 years down the road.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hobbes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:42 pm

The Jury wrote:

Ya same. I know for sure I won't be looking back on these $10 20 years down the road.

To me the 10 bucks is well worth it. It is perfectly integrated with Yahoo, so there is no work to it at all. Plus, I am a StatTracker addict. Every day I am glued to that thing all night long, tracking every hitter and pitcher for my weekly matchup. I definitely am getting my 10 bucks worth.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers