Mark Teahan out for year

Postby bojang0301 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:03 pm

Is it Alex Gordon time?
bojang0301
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:08 pm

It's Alex Gordon time in the AA playoffs.

From all I've heard, the Royals don't want to start Gordon's clock. I'll be very surprised if he gets a callup.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby nathan050904 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:43 pm

Wow! I don't know what organization is worse Kansas City or Tampa Bay when it comes to promoting top prospects. Alex Gordon has NOTHING left to proove in AA. I think it's a disgrace that he's still in AA. No wonder fans in Kansas are tired of waiting!
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:35 pm

nathan050904 wrote:Wow! I don't know what organization is worse Kansas City or Tampa Bay when it comes to promoting top prospects. Alex Gordon has NOTHING left to proove in AA. I think it's a disgrace that he's still in AA. No wonder fans in Kansas are tired of waiting!

It's not that Gordon has anything to prove, it's that once KC calls him up his arbitration clock begins to tick. Why call him up now when you're statistically eliminated from the playoffs?

When in doubt, assume that the people who are highly regarded full-time front office workers know more than you. They didn't get to where they are by knowing less than the typical fantasy baseball fan. As fans, we are only seeing a small portion of what goes on in the baseball world.

Do you know who Kansas City's general manager is?
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby NatsFan10 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:12 pm

shortsavage wrote:
nathan050904 wrote:Wow! I don't know what organization is worse Kansas City or Tampa Bay when it comes to promoting top prospects. Alex Gordon has NOTHING left to proove in AA. I think it's a disgrace that he's still in AA. No wonder fans in Kansas are tired of waiting!

It's not that Gordon has anything to prove, it's that once KC calls him up his arbitration clock begins to tick. Why call him up now when you're statistically eliminated from the playoffs?

When in doubt, assume that the people who are highly regarded full-time front office workers know more than you. They didn't get to where they are by knowing less than the typical fantasy baseball fan. As fans, we are only seeing a small portion of what goes on in the baseball world.

Do you know who Kansas City's general manager is?

No, KC can't possibly know what they're doing....all these internet GMs know more than Dayton Moore does!

Finally a voice of reason.....

The Royals organization has rushed enough prospects to the majors over the past few years, it's about time they cut that crap out. Obviously it would be fun to watch Gordon play this month, but that's not the best baseball decision for the Royals, and i'm pretty sure Moore knows what he's doing.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball