Bobby Jenks Injured - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bobby Jenks Injured

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bobby Jenks Injured

Postby kingman33 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 pm

They keep falling like fly's.

White Sox sent Jenks back to Chicago on Tuesday. Neither Guillen nor Schneider made the injury sound very serious, and Guillen hoped to have Jenks back in Boston for the series finale.

But Schneider wanted to take every possible cautionary measure to prevent a minor hip problem from turning into an arm or elbow problem for the 25-year-old closer if he tried to compensate.

"He said it got sore on him and, at a time, it felt like it was kind of going to give out on him," said Schneider, explaining Jenks' medical malady. "You don't want to take a chance on giving out, because then it could hurt his arm. So, he's too young of a kid to not do your due diligence and get everything checked out.

"Probably an MRI, just to make sure everything is OK, and then we will get him right back. I don't want him to take a chance on hurting his arm or his elbow or his back. That's what happens when you slip or something happens, you have a chance of violating something else. It's not worth that for a young kid."

Guillen did not believe Jenks' hip problem affected his command problem in the ninth inning Monday, when one of baseball's most dominant closers suffered just his third blown save in 42 opportunities. In Guillen's opinion, Jenks just didn't have it on that particular night against Boston.

With Jenks back home, a combination of Mike MacDougal and Matt Thornton would be used in the closer situation, depending on the matchups. Meanwhile, Sweeney's brush with the starting lineup could be short-lived, especially if it's in right field, as Dye believed a return could be in the offing for Wednesday's series finale.

"If it's good enough," said Dye, who went through treatment -- electronic stimulation, heat and ice and massage -- of his back Tuesday. "I think it's just spasms, and it's got more loose today. I finished doing treatment today and we'll see what happens [Wednesday]."

Scott Merkin is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

print this page | e-mail this page
kingman33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mreater71 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:44 am

Jenk's MRI showed no damage to his hip and will be back with the team Sept. 6th.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pstater71 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:48 am

Good deal! I was worring there for a bit because I already had Rivera out with his elbow problem and then Jenks being reported that he may have a hip injury didn't help matters much.
Pstater71 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates