srod - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

srod

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

srod

Postby master453 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:04 pm

any comments on sean rodriguez? dont know much about him. doesnt sound like he's going to up anytime soon as he is just 21, but he just got promoted to AAA while aybar is up in the bigs and wood away with team usa. by the numbers it looks like he has an excellent bat, where does he fit in the angels plans in the next couple years?
master453
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby San D » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:19 am

He's on my money league minors squad so I know a little. His 30 or so errors this year show that he'll have trouble sticking at SS. Plus, with Wood, Aybar, and Cabrera ahead of him, SS may be tough for him to find a spot. He's hitting for high batting average this year and with power. However, his K/BB ratio got a lot worse. A full year with a good chunk in AAA will tell next year if his new approach will translate to higher level success, and if he has the bat to be a fantasy asset at another position. I'm thinking he'll see time at CF next year since Kendrick is going to be the Angel's 2B for a long time and 3B has competition too.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby San D » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Sean Rodriguez was just recently named the Angels' Minor League Player of the Year beating out Brandon Wood. 8-o
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nathan050904 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Sean Rodriguez is no where near as good as Wood. So I wouldn't hold your breathe.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby San D » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 am

nathan050904 wrote:Sean Rodriguez is no where near as good as Wood. So I wouldn't hold your breathe.

My point was that I was surprised with the decision. However, I agree with this statement talent-wise, although Wood is far from a sure thing himself with his K rate. He is young enough to make adjustments though.

On a sidenote, I read somewhere that Wood K's more than Adam Dunn at the same age at the same minor league levels with a lower batting average. If that's true, I'm a little concerned for Wood.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukjohn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:04 pm

they base the award on stats...not prospect hype or what your ranking is
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby carter » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:42 pm

ukjohn wrote:they base the award on stats...not prospect hype or what your ranking is

exactly .. Sean Rodriguez is a great player and had a better year then Wood ... he also doesn't strike out as often as Wood, and i'll say that Rodriguez is as good or the better prospect right now .... don't be surprised to see some turnover next year
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:18 pm

carter wrote:
ukjohn wrote:they base the award on stats...not prospect hype or what your ranking is

exactly .. Sean Rodriguez is a great player and had a better year then Wood ... he also doesn't strike out as often as Wood, and i'll say that Rodriguez is as good or the better prospect right now .... don't be surprised to see some turnover next year

I wouldn't put Rodriguez up that high just yet. I do agree that Wood is over hyped and would just be a hack if he were in the majors right now or even next year. Rodriguez did his damage at A ball this year so he has somemore to prove just yet for me. I do like him but Wood has proved a little more at this point in his career, though I do wanna stress that I think Wood is overhyped by quite a bit!!!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball