Barry Zito - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Zito

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Zito

Postby hammertime9999 » Fri May 03, 2002 1:54 am

I was wondering how you guys think Barry Zito is stacking up this year. I had him ranked highly at the beginning of the season, but don't like his numbers thus far. Is he traditionally a slow starter? I have an oportunity to trade for him. I would give up a combo of 2 of these 3 pitchers: Nomo, El Duque, and Todd Ritchie. I have a couple other good pitchers to back myself up if this does not work out--Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, and possibly Chen Ho Park (He's a big question mark though). Should I make this trade? ;-D
hammertime9999
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Fri May 03, 2002 3:28 am

So far in his career, Zito's pre-all-star break era is 4.63, with a 2.49 mark afterwards. Lots of people gave up on him after a rough start last year, and kicked themselves when he put up unbelievable numbers down the stretch. I think he'll be fine, although I might consider sitting him early on when he faces tough opponents.

Still, much as I like Zito, I think giving up two of the guys you listed is too much, especially at this point, unless there's somebody on the free agent list who you want anyway.

I'd counter with a slightly lower offer (Ritchie + Park?), or wait and see if Zito's owner becomes frustrated enough to deal him for peanuts (last year, he was waived outright by a large number of owners). With luck, you'll be able to get him at a better price than this.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers