Help settle a huge dispute in my league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help settle a huge dispute in my league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Yahoo is nuts. Ties count as "half-wins" which i think is ludicrous. Yes, i agree with team A that they are the winner, and owe nothing to Team B. Yahoo rule exists as such, so therefore, it is the standing law. Passing a rule now wouldn't do you any good, unless it applies for next year. It falls into the ex-post facto realm, which means team A is off the hook, since there was no law in place before. Team A is your winner. But honestly, don't let a thing like this ruin your league, because it seems like you have a highly competitive league there on your hands, and that's very, very good.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rong » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:19 pm

wow the yahoo default rankings are crap. I've always hated how they've done it. IMO it should be determined by who won the season matchup between the teams that are tied. In your case, I think that the money should be split between 1st + 2nd because the money involved has nothing to do with Yahoo. It is up to your commish to decide this issue.
rong
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wigglestrue » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm

Wins > ties.

Team A is obviously the winner.
"Not a lot of people would say this, but I will: I want to be the guy who people see at No. 1 in the fantasy rankings." - Carl Crawford
Wigglestrue
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:03 pm

Old_Style wrote:rock, paper, scissors....there's no other way

I agree... That's the only way to settle things...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Wigglestrue wrote:Wins > ties.

Agreed.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DirtyKash » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Wigglestrue wrote:Wins > ties.

However, Ties > Losses.

It's quite the delicate situation. Can I ask what the payout for first place and what the payout for second place are?
DirtyKash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:24 pm

Yahoo doesn't figure it out by most # of wins, but by least # of losses.

Despite having 2 less wins and 4 more ties than the team behind me, giving us the exact same winning %, I won the division and got the playoff bye because I had 2 less losses.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Bing Hampton » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:41 pm

bigken117 wrote:Yahoo doesn't figure it out by most # of wins, but by least # of losses.

Despite having 2 less wins and 4 more ties than the team behind me, giving us the exact same winning %, I won the division and got the playoff bye because I had 2 less losses.

you are way wrong here. Y! figures it by the "games behind formula" which averages the difference between the number of wins and losses each team has. your 4 ties offset those 2 wins, and I'm guessing you finished exactly a game ahead because of the 2 less losses.
It's quite the delicate situation. Can I ask what the payout for first place and what the payout for second place are?

first place = 30%
2nd place = 20%
not that it should matter, but the pot is up around $1.400. It's not five bucks that we're talking about here.
Bing Hampton
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DirtyKash » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Hah, uh, wow, $1,400.

You can always go with the old classic penis measuring contest. Whoever is longest in size gets the 30%.
DirtyKash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hersch223 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:58 pm

I say look at the head-to-head record between the two teams for the season. Whoever wins that, takes 1st.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers