Teams with the easiest schedule here on out... know any? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teams with the easiest schedule here on out... know any?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teams with the easiest schedule here on out... know any?

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:57 pm

As the Yahoo playoffs are upon us, I'm debating on which fringe pitchers to hang onto and which to grab for the upcoming month. Which teams have got an easy road through September?
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
Posts: 2563
(Past Year: 109)
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Postby NZF » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:11 pm

The Yankees have a cozy schedule. Cory Lidle looks a good play the rest of the way. Maybe even Jaret Wright :-o
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:39 pm

NZF wrote:The Yankees have a cozy schedule. Cory Lidle looks a good play the rest of the way. Maybe even Jaret Wright :-o

It is really a sad day when nearly the entire AL East is considered a cakewalk given their issues. The football season has arrived in the nick of time over here.. :,-(

I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
Posts: 2563
(Past Year: 109)
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:51 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:
NZF wrote:The Yankees have a cozy schedule. Cory Lidle looks a good play the rest of the way. Maybe even Jaret Wright :-o

It is really a sad day when nearly the entire AL East is considered a cakewalk given their issues. The football season has arrived in the nick of time over here.. :,-(

I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


Maine is worth a shot if he is there.

El Duque will get the job done against the weaker teams, with a nice amount of K's, too.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:55 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:06 pm

Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.


You can say that again. :-° Over .500 with their win today if I'm not mistaken. What a comeback.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24817
(Past Year: 353)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:30 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.


You can say that again. :-° Over .500 with their win today if I'm not mistaken. What a comeback.

Yeah, I guess I'm behind the times. Talk about a team whom others can learn from, eh? I think Willis and Cabrera were the only recognizable names at the start of the season.. might STILL be the only recognizable ones. :D

Sooo.. I guess the Mets and Yanks are the only ones with relative smooth sailing, eh?
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
Posts: 2563
(Past Year: 109)
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:34 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.


You can say that again. :-° Over .500 with their win today if I'm not mistaken. What a comeback.

Yeah, I guess I'm behind the times. Talk about a team whom others can learn from, eh? I think Willis and Cabrera were the only recognizable names at the start of the season.. might STILL be the only recognizable ones. :D

Sooo.. I guess the Mets and Yanks are the only ones with relative smooth sailing, eh?


i remember threads before the season asking who would field the worse minor league team; the marlins or royals? :-D ....i guess that title still belongs to kc
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby BritSox » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:58 am

Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.


You can say that again. :-° Over .500 with their win today if I'm not mistaken. What a comeback.

Yeah, I guess I'm behind the times. Talk about a team whom others can learn from, eh? I think Willis and Cabrera were the only recognizable names at the start of the season.. might STILL be the only recognizable ones. :D

Sooo.. I guess the Mets and Yanks are the only ones with relative smooth sailing, eh?


i remember threads before the season asking who would field the worse minor league team; the marlins or royals? :-D ....i guess that title still belongs to kc


Pittsburgh are worse than either.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby gfantasy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:15 pm

BritSox wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:I've noticed that the Mets are also going to have it nice here on out. Aside from this week, they've got a lot of Nats, Marlins, and Pirates for the rest of the month. Now if only one could nab a reliable arm of theirs off the wire...


i wouldn't consider the marlins a team to overlook right now.


You can say that again. :-° Over .500 with their win today if I'm not mistaken. What a comeback.

Yeah, I guess I'm behind the times. Talk about a team whom others can learn from, eh? I think Willis and Cabrera were the only recognizable names at the start of the season.. might STILL be the only recognizable ones. :D

Sooo.. I guess the Mets and Yanks are the only ones with relative smooth sailing, eh?


i remember threads before the season asking who would field the worse minor league team; the marlins or royals? :-D ....i guess that title still belongs to kc


Pittsburgh are worse than either.


Has to be KC then Pitt

Marlins are in a diff league than these 2 disgraceful teams...
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 1447
Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NYC/Phila

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kab21 and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact