Jake Peavy = Sandy Koufax, obviously - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jake Peavy = Sandy Koufax, obviously

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:44 pm

does your uncle work at NASA by any chance?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 3712
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 1 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:14 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:id say cole hamels might be a koufax like pitcher.


please dont make that poor comparison to koufax...hamels is easily the best pitcher that has ever lived.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Jake Peavy = Sandy Koufax, obviously

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 pm

skinsfan wrote:I was just glancing over at my bookcase, and I noticed that Jane Leavy wrote the award-winning, best-selling biography of Sandy Koufax, "A Lefty's Legacy". Swtich two letters...Jake Peavy!

Therefore, Jake Peavy is the next Sandy Koufax. Case closed (not that I'm biased by his being on my only fantasy team).




It sure is obvious to me. ;-D ;-D
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:please dont make that poor comparison to koufax...hamels is easily the best pitcher that has ever lived.


If I could be serious for a minute....no. :-D
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:please dont make that poor comparison to koufax...hamels is easily the best pitcher that has ever lived.


If I could be serious for a minute....no. :-D


clearly you didnt see him outpitch the so-called "best pitcher of our generation" today ;-7 :-b
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:50 pm

Image
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:please dont make that poor comparison to koufax...hamels is easily the best pitcher that has ever lived.


If I could be serious for a minute....no. :-D


clearly you didnt see him outpitch the so-called "best pitcher of our generation" today ;-7 :-b


I don't think Cole pitched against Chuck James today.. ;-7
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby thedude » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:22 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:does your uncle work at NASA by any chance?


Great allusion. ;-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:56 am

Half Massed wrote:Image

Ditto
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:14 pm

brandnew wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:please dont make that poor comparison to koufax...hamels is easily the best pitcher that has ever lived.


If I could be serious for a minute....no. :-D


clearly you didnt see him outpitch the so-called "best pitcher of our generation" today ;-7 :-b


I don't think Cole pitched against Chuck James today.. ;-7


Nor did he pitch against Ramon Ortiz.
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact