Kevin Kouzmanoff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Postby San D » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:35 pm

The way this kid is hitting (2 HRs in 2 games) in the majors and with his huge minor league numbers this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians shopped Marte this offseason for a SP or a 1B and plugged Kouz at 3B. I know it's early, but I have a feeling that Kouzmanoff keeps on raking until the end of the season and forces a decision....
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:37 pm

IMO...... Kouz > Marte

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Kouz has been hitting the ball real well the last few years. Last year at Kinston he was simply amazing with the bat the last few months of the season.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Keep in mind that Kouz is 25 and Marte is 22.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:00 pm

He's a "gym rat" regarding baseball. I think his dad was a coach or something. He is like the 1st there in the morning and the last to leave. Great work ethic.
Chris Iannetta was born on Krypton and transported to Earth as an infant and saves the universe when he's not getting on base every plate appearance.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:03 pm

thedude wrote:Keep in mind that Kouz is 25 and Marte is 22.

Keep in mind that Marte has been pretty average for pretty much his entire career.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Why not keep both???

C Martinez
1B Garko
2B Luna
3B Marte
SS Peralta
LF Kouzmanoff
CF Sizemore
RF Blake
DH Hafner

I don't know if Kouz could play 2B or not but that might be an option. I've heard he's pretty good at 3rd. But maybe Kouz at 2B and Gutierrez. I don't think Michaels will be back.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby GradysBaby13 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:04 am

Havok1517 wrote:Why not keep both???

C Martinez
1B Garko
2B Luna
3B Marte
SS Peralta
LF Kouzmanoff
CF Sizemore
RF Blake
DH Hafner

I don't know if Kouz could play 2B or not but that might be an option. I've heard he's pretty good at 3rd. But maybe Kouz at 2B and Gutierrez. I don't think Michaels will be back.

Gosh, I hope not! He is awful!

Anyway, rumors around here in Cleveland are that Victor Martinez will see some significant time at 1st base next year. Kelly Shoppach will be behind the plate a lot, and Garko can play both 1st base and catcher. I think the three of them will somehow, someway become regulars in the lineup(Martinez is a no brainer.)

If they are trying to compete next year, not sure if they are yet or not, Hector Luna isn't an option at second base. Joe Inglett seems to be pretty decent, maybe a future .300 hitter. I'm not sure either if either Marte or Kouzmanoff can play second at all. As for 3rd, One of them will defiently be there, I hope and pray that I never see Aaron Boone make one more start as an Indian. If Marte still has Crisp like value, it might be a good idea to trade him for a good #2 or #3 starter.

As for the outfield I see it being a Choo/Gutierrez platoon in right field, my future husband in center & Blake in right field. If Marte/Kouzmanoff can play any outfield Blake might lose some ABs.

They somehow need to get some pitching, at least one decent starter and a couple arms in the bullpen. Octovio Dotel & Damaso Marte have been rumored to come here next year.
GradysBaby13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thedude » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:42 am

J35J wrote:
thedude wrote:Keep in mind that Kouz is 25 and Marte is 22.

Keep in mind that Marte has been pretty average for pretty much his entire career.

Jason

Marte has actually put up very good numbers throughout his minor league career, considering his youth (ussally the youngest). While Kouz is ussally older than most players in his league. Kouz could be a very good player, but age is a huge consideration.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:56 am

At some point don't you stop excusing someone's age... I mean yeah Marte's been young, but putting up average numbers at a young age shouldn't guarantee that he will greatly improve on those numbers in the future.
Kouzmanoff may not have the same ceiling as Marte, but at least he doesn't have the same floor... he has dominated AAA pitching, and not in the PCL, but the IL, which typically has better pitching...
I think the Indians should spend some time considering who is better suited to move to the OF and move them... though I am very tempted to say stick Marte in AAA, and let Kouzmanoff start... what is the point of letting someone hit like Aaron Boone, just because they are young?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers