A quick Wil Ledezma review... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A quick Wil Ledezma review...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A quick Wil Ledezma review...

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:35 pm

Left Hand Pitcher
Height/Weight 6'4/210
B-Day 1/21/81

Career Minor Leagues
8.78 K/9
3.35 BB/9
3.48 ERA
1.28 WHIP

Scouting......
93-96 mph fastball
83-85 mph change
84-85 mph slider

Wil is mainly a fastball/change pitcher right now as he has some work to do with his breaking stuff. His fastball is easily his best pitch right now though his change is about MLB average. He can throw his fastball for strikes so he shouldn't have much trouble walking many guys. If he can turn his slider into a plus pitch and refine his change he could be a #1 SP. As it is now, his fastball is really the only thing he can rely to much on, so he is just a #3-4 type. Keep an eye on this guy, he is very raw with his secondary pitches but has very nice potential.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Will Ledezma ... staying in Det rotation?

Postby Midnight_Toker » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 am

I heard he was taking the spot of zach miner ... I also heard Maroth was coming back too ... Is he fantasy relevant for the playoffs?
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Surfs up » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:48 am

He'll get one more start. Maroth should get the spot back.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 193)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:12 pm

Surfs up wrote:He'll get one more start. Maroth should get the spot back.
I'm not so sure. Leyland has been quoted as saying something along the lines of he isn't expecting much if anything from Maroth the rest of the regular season. In other words, Maroth is going to have to prove himself before anything else. Don't forget that Maroth has missed considerable time with injury (he had surgery) and that he has even reported some soreness during rehab.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:36 pm

The big question with Ledezma is his health. He has had issues in the past staying healthy. Last year was one of those years. He struggled mightily with the Tigers early on and eventually was shut down after being demoted to AAA. He was only reaching about 92 MPH with his fastball and had zero command of his breaking pitches.

I think it's no secret that he's all the way back to being the promising pitcher he once was before last year. And has he really touched 96 MPH? I've always heard he maxes out at about 94 (and I've seen him reach 94 quite a few times this season as well). His changeup has been looking real good this year. His breaking stuff isn't always there though. Still a small sample size, but it's obvious this isn't the same Ledezma from early 2005 that was dreadful.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:54 pm

Ledezma was once a highly touted SP but I think he was rushed based on Det's inept rotation the past few years. He's always had a great arm and he's a lefty. Det's rotation is looking very good for years to come with Bonderman, Verlander, Miller, Maroth, Miner, Tata, Sanchez...wow!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 133)

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:11 pm

His slider was pretty sharp in the last outing I saw him.

He has a very good potential to be a #2 type starter.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:45 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:And has he really touched 96 MPH?

The last time he faced the Royals he hit it 96 once or twice. But worked pretty constantly at 94 in that game as well. I'd love to see what he can do once he gets his breaking stuff under control. His changeup looked like it had some solid potential as well. It will be fun to keep an eye on him.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby johnsamo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:43 pm

Judgeing by how I saw the radar gun rating the Angels pitchers there recently, I'd say Detroit's radar gun reads a bit fast, adding about 2 MPH.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:00 pm

johnsamo wrote:Judgeing by how I saw the radar gun rating the Angels pitchers there recently, I'd say Detroit's radar gun reads a bit fast, adding about 2 MPH.
No way. Zumaya throws 104.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers