McClung - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

McClung

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

McClung

Postby Richie Rich » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:28 pm

Well it seems he may split time closing now...that significantly impacts me b/c I need to make moves like within the hour...How certain do we feel McClung will not get all the save opps.? I saw an article saying he Jackson may get a save opp. if Seth has pitched 2 days ina row, or maybe they will just go back and forth...Why no clear cut answer with this team? Any more news? This is big b/c I have guys like John Maine and Jon Lieber who I am eyeing and if Seth isn't getting the save opps, I may target them to start for me...Grrr
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby balmlb119 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:04 pm

There are zero reports that McClung is going to split the opportunities. Provide a link that proves otherwise.
balmlb119
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jbones733 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:07 pm

balmlb119 wrote:There are zero reports that McClung is going to split the opportunities. Provide a link that proves otherwise.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... antasy/mlb

the right hand side first one, Rotoworld also mentions , look under Edwin Jackson

i dont understand, Mcclungs been doing very well, hope they stick w him
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:14 pm

Well, I don't know if I would put the words 'very well' and 'McClung' together in the same sentence very often, but he's been ok as a closer but not spectacular enough to avoid closer controversies.

Besides, the Rays would certainly like to give Jackson a look before the end of the season, so I would certainly expect McClung to take a hit in value.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Richie Rich » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:42 pm

:-B
Last edited by Richie Rich on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:29 am

Thought this was interesting:

From Rotoworld:
Tampa Bay is trying to make arrangements for Seth McClung to pitcher winter ball in Venezuela.

The team wants him to get more closing experience, but is wary of finding a situation where he won't be overused by the Venezuelan club. Either way, it looks like the Rays are warming to the idea of McClung as their long-term closer.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chuckles » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:44 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Thought this was interesting:

From Rotoworld:
Tampa Bay is trying to make arrangements for Seth McClung to pitcher winter ball in Venezuela.

The team wants him to get more closing experience, but is wary of finding a situation where he won't be overused by the Venezuelan club. Either way, it looks like the Rays are warming to the idea of McClung as their long-term closer.

The Rays were also talking about having McClung close next season...I don't have the link, but that's what I read. I don't think it's that big of a deal and I think McClung is the guy...we'll see though.
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates